Most mature db integration for Infuse 7

I’m currently using Infuse 7 Pro on TVOS with an Emby backend. I understand that there are quite a few fixes coming in 7.3 for Emby/Jellyfin, but are these the preferred db solutions currently?

Between Plex/Emby/Jellyfin are there pros cons to each in terms of the integration? (speed of syncing, library updates, syncing methods). I’m finding that Emby just doesn’t sync quickly or at all, and that there is little visibility as to what has been synced and when.

1 Like

I may be wrong but I believe I saw something in the latest RC specifically about fixing issues with Emby syncing with very large libraries.

Looks like improvements coming here.

Thanks. Any ETA on this release? I’ve given up on Infuse at this point due to the unreliability of the Emby sync.

This leads me to my original question of which db has the most reliable sync integration. If Plex is the most supported and mature, then I’ll likely setup a Plex server and give it a try.

As the post said, it’s targeted for sometime in November. Firecore is usually pretty good at getting releases out often from what I’ve seen.

I don’t think that there’s a favorite among the group and all that are listed will be supported. Plex, Emby, Jellyfin, all have been incorporated and I’d guess that all will get supported so pick a horse that works for you for now.

Thanks @NC_Bullseye. Just curious since 7.22 was supposed to release in October with the Emby changes, and a few days before the end of the month, the new release was changed to 7.3 with a new ETA of November.

I did sign up to TestFlight last Thursday to give the latest version a try and hopefully provide some input/feedback but haven’t received the email yet.

Just to put a rest to this. I’ve been testing the 7.3 beta as of last Friday, and the syncing between Emby and Infuse is better than what I expected based on the release notes.

1 Like