MKV Not Playing on Some Apple TV's

Hi all,

Firstly, want to say how much I am enjoying Infuse for my Apple TV’s - it’s so much better than plugging my hard drive directly into the TV!

Anyway, I have a setup with NAS drives at home and 3 4th Gen Apple TV’s (all running latest iOS and Infuse on latest version). Unfortunately I seem to have playback issues with one of Apple TV’s on certain .MKV files…not all weirdly. I have tested the same files on the other 2 Apple TVs and there haven’t been any playback issues. Any suggestions?

For note, I have reset the problem Apple TV to factory default, uninstalled and re installed Infuse, deleted and rebuilt the libraries and re-named the files in an attempt to get them to play, but no joy. They still all play on the other 2 TVs and on any Macs I connect to the relevant folders.

As a side note, other file types play okay, but they also freeze after a certain time (40 mins or so) and the spinning wheel comes up. If I go back to menu and re-play all works fine.

The problem files all start playback normally and after 4 or 5 seconds each they lock up and won’t play.

Thanks.

You might try updating to 5.5 which was just released today (if you haven’t already).

If the issue persists, please send is a report from your device so we can look into this further.