Missing shows when using Emby/Jellyfin 'merge series that are spread across multiple folders' option

hello
i use infuse with emby and your infuse sync plugin

but i have a small problem
on my emby TV library i have enabled the option to merge tv shows who spreaded accress multible folders

Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders
If enabled, series that are spread across multiple folders within this library will be automatically merged into a single series.

but infuse only get synced the seasons from only one folder if its a show with multible folders on my emby

emby shows all seasons if i go to the series
infuse only the seasons from one folder

how can i fix this?

screenshot from emby with all seasons
#CANT POST SCREENSHOT BECAUSE IM A NEW USER THX!"!

screesnhot from infuse who only have the seasons from only one folder

emby lib settings

i can nail it down
infuse only shows seasons from the second library entry on my emby server

1 Like

screenshot from emby with all seasons

emby lib settings

Welcome to the forum!

You may want to save a few caps and let us know what version number of Infuse you’re using and what version number of the Infuse Sync plugin your running. Also what tvOS version number.

I don’t use Emby but did you look in the Library at the series to see if it’s all there?

Did you try going to the Library settings and doing a Scan for Changes?

You may want to review the users guide here.

1 Like

sorry
yea sure

InfuseSync 1.4.2.0
tvOS 16.0
Iinfuse Pro 7.4.5 (4251)

yea i tryed scan for changes but there are no changes
even fresh out the box appleTV with first initial sync missed seasons from emby merged tv shows

i can say this error only happens if a tv show is in two folders on my emby and merged via libray setting
infuse only shows seasons from my second library entry in emby

I don’t use Emby so don’t know how it works with Infuse, but pulling files from my own server, I’ll keep completed seasons of a TV show together in one folder, but currently streaming seasons of that series (incomplete seasons) in an entirely different folder until the season is complete.

If I browse Infuse via the favorites folders, of course Infuse will only show me either all seasons but the current one, or just the current one.

If I browse Infuse via the library or “TV” button on the favorites bar, all seasons (including the currently airing season) will be listed together.

I think that was what @NC_Bullseye was trying to explain.

I can’t say for sure if “Recently Added TV” shows only episodes in the newly added folder or all series episodes. Try looking in the TV tab. If they aren’t all listed there, and you are certain all Emby shares where those seasons are located are favorited, than you might have discovered a bug.

Are all the relevant Emby libraries selected in Infuse > Settings > Library?

yes they are
i only have in emby one for movies and one for tv
and on infuse i checked tv shows movies and collections

everything working fine ecept tv shows who is merged from emby in one library i only get sync seasons from one folder

i can provide you an test account for my emby server
so you can check yourself
in emby app or emby wep full seasons
in infuse only a hand full from one folder when series is merged by emby

I guess I may not fully understand what that setting in Emby does, exactly.

I assume you are adding a folder with your TV shows to the Emby library. Wouldn’t all the shows in that folder get added to the Emby library?

What does it look like in Emby (and Infuse) if the setting is unchecked?

if i disable merged tv shows in emby i have for every show who is in two folder two seperate entrys
for example

i have southpark stored in /mnt/tvshows and also stored some seasons under /mnt/tv
emby merged it and shows only one entry of south park with all seasons spread accross multi folders
thats how merging tv shows work if you add more then one tv show folder to emby

if i disable merged tv shows i will get duplicate entrys of shows
one southpark entry will only have 3 seasons and the second entry will have 8 seasons instead of one with all 11

and it looks like infuse only gets one path from merged tv shows

here two screenshots from emby
one with merged tv show
one with disabled the merge tv show option

emby no merge two entry (every folder contains one season)

emby with merge enable

and here how it looks in infuse

infuse without emby tv show merge

and here with enabled tv show merge on emby only one season get synced the other from differnt folder not

so i did a fast test case you easyl can reproduce

under infuse1 i have this folder structur

infuse1
-Die.Simpsons
--S01

under infuse2

infuse2
-Die.Simpsons
--S02

if i enable in emby merge tv show spread accross multible folders
i will get only one single simpson entry with both season 1 and 2
without this option i will get two seperate simpson entrys one with season 1 and the other with season 2 inside

and it looks like infuse will only sync seasons from one folder if merge is activ on emby

testet with 3 differnt emby servers and two infuse installs (appleTV and iphone)
so its 10000% a bug that only one path from merged tv shows get synced to infuse

I’m trying out connecting Infuse to my Emby server, but noticing that some tv shows are not showing up in Infuse. Some shows, not all the seasons are showing up as well. They all show up when confirming in Emby. Any idea what could be causing this?

Can you check to ensure you have all the relevant Emby libraries selected in Infuse > Settings > Library?

Are you using multiple users on the Emby server?

Yes, Movie and TV Shows is selected within the Library. Only 1 user on Emby server

Still looking for an answer on this. I checked and the shows/seasons/episodes are NOT showing up under “Other” in Infuse either.

Do you have the Automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders option enabled on your Emby server?

I think there was another report of this causing issues in Infuse, and it may be something we need to look into.

Yes, in Emby the option to automatically merge series that are spread across multiple folders is enabled. I turned the setting off and reconnected Infuse to the Emby server and a couple of shows are missing as well as several seaons of other shows.

This is confirmed. If you have files for a TV show spread across multiple folders and using Emby, Infuse does NOT combine. Regardless if you have “automatically merge series…” turned on in Emby. This is strictly an issue with Emby since connecting to Plex, Infuse DOES combine the files correctly.