Sorry for the radio silence here.
If iCloud is setup and working correctly, Infuse 7 will pull down info that has been saved in v6 and use that moving forward.
There are a few things to check to ensure iCloud is working as expected.
- Using the same iCloud ID on all devices (some people have different IDs for iCloud and App Store)
- iCloud Drive enabled on all devices (details here)
- iCloud Sync enabled in Infuse > Settings > Sync (both v6 and v7)
- Some free iCloud storage (details here)
Apple TV Note: Apple TV has support for multiple users. However, only the Default User will be able to sync with iCloud. If you are signed in with other users, you’ll want to check and ensure the user you want to sync with is set as the Default User.
Also, some things like Up Next list, Watched history, Playback position for in-progress items, and Ratings will only sync when Pro is active. You can confirm Pro is active by opening Infuse > Settings and confirming the Infuse Pro logo is visible there.
Once you have confirmed the above, you may try the following to kick start things.
- Delete the Infuse 7 app
- Open Infuse 6, and select the ‘Scan for Changes’ option in Settings > Library and allow it to finish
- Download the latest 7.0.1 app from the App Store
- Open Infuse > Settings > Library and monitor progress there
The migration process isn’t particularly fast, and it may take some time…especially if you have a large library. It’s best to leave the app open and allow the sync to finish, as this will be faster than relying on background updates.
If after trying the above the issue persists, please submit a report from both Infuse 6 and Infuse 7 and we can look into this further.