Micro freezes when subtitles appear

Are there any ideas on what may cause the issue? Thanks.

Oh god, I have this very same problem. I was thinking I was getting crazy or something.

Do you happen to remember with which files do you experience the problems? (i.e. what format, resolution, fps, etc.)

General
Complete name                            : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.mkv
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 4 / Version 2
File size                                : 2.13 GiB
Duration                                 : 46 min 13 s
Overall bit rate                         : 6 603 kb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2020-06-25 18:25:57
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v23.0.0 ('The Bride Said No') 64-bit
Writing library                          : libebml v1.3.6 + libmatroska v1.4.9

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L4
Format settings                          : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 4 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                                 : 46 min 13 s
Bit rate                                 : 5 961 kb/s
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 24.000 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.120
Stream size                              : 1.92 GiB (90%)
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : E-AC-3
Format/Info                              : Enhanced Audio Coding 3
Codec ID                                 : A_EAC3
Duration                                 : 46 min 13 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 640 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 187.500 FPS (256 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 212 MiB (10%)
Language                                 : English
Service kind                             : Complete Main
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Srt subs were external.

I am not sure but in your case the issue seems to be the 24 fps. Apple TV appears not to support it, so your issue might be expected.

In my case the issue is with the 25 fps content which should be played without any problems.

Could be, but I haven’t notice that error until the last week. Weird.

hello, for months that i have indicated the problem

Then looks like it won’t be solved in foreseeable future. I also noticed it around the same time you created your post. I just didn’t use infuse too much so didn’t pay attention. But now, when I use it, it is driving me crazy.

I saw this pop up in my email and wanted to hop in.

This problem occurs on MY ATV4K as well.

I tried figuring it out but came to a dead end. This doesn’t happen on the regular Plex client or Netflix either

Hopefully it’ll be solved anytime soon :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 year that it does not work, I do not believe in the miracle, and I believe that they are dependent on apple for certain possibility

Just trying to isolate the issue, what is the TV you use with Apple TV?

I’m using a Samsung KS8000

the problem of the beguement with the use of the subtitles, is a software problem

So I noticed this on mine as well (I watch misty anime so almost always subtitles) and I’ve found it randomly does it. The solution for me was pausing and resuming the episode. It goes back to smooth playback.

Match frame rate is in as well. Does this help your problem?

Ok, looks like this issue will remain unresolved :man_shrugging:t2:

I have this issue too - occurred when feeding into a lumagen scaler feeding a Sony Vw760ES projector. File is a 4k remux of Bad Boys for Life, occurred first time subtitles appeared, alomso tlike it took a split-second to load them.

The 6.4.8 update included a few under-the-hood performance improvements for subtitles, which appears to have resolve a few similar reports like this.

If you are still seeing issues in 6.4.8 (or later) please let us know.

1 Like

I am unfortunately still seeing this issue, although perhaps not as often as before this update.

I don’t know about the other people in this thread but I’m never having this problem on Blu-ray rips with Blu-ray subtitles. The problem seems isolated to subtitles embedded with WEB-DLs and WebRips and with subtitles downloaded through the built in opensubtitles function.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.