MediaPlayer 0.7.1 problems

I have just updated MediaPlayer 0.7 to 0.7.1 hoping it would solve the problems/bugs 0.7 introduced and now I find I can’t play any of my avi movies at all which all played perfectly in MediaPlayer 0.6.

Anyone having the same problem or could offer a solution?

Richard

Which AppleTV software are you running? (check in Settings --> General --> About)

Anyone else having issues with FF/RR/pause/stop for MKV files? Avi and mpg files work fine, but mkvs do nothing. To stop a file, you have to hit menu.

Latest seasonpass on latest firmware and media player

Hi,

I have just updated MediaPlayer 0.7 to 0.7.1 and now I can’t play any DVD “Playback Error”.

Anyone having the same problem or could offer a solution?

Thanks in advance,
Jürgen

All installed Software up to date (beta 6, Firmware 4.3 (2557), Media Player 0.7.1, jailbrak SP 0.7.8)

I have the same issues with avi files, and some mkv too.

However, the seasonpass update was awesome

Running 4.3 apple software.

I’m using the very latest version of AppleTV v4.3 and SeasOnPass

So the mp 0.7.1 fixed the crashing issue for me (THANK YOU!) but I have a streaming issue from my mac. I can stream movies fine from my pc, but if I try it from my macbook, it plays for a couple of minutes and then just stops sending file packets. I tried it in aft and smb and it has the same results. I used to have this problem before and the update just before mp .6 seemed to fix the issue but now its back. I can stream the same movie through iTunes to the atv from my mac with no issues. Technology is such a fickle beast lol

[quote=cwilsrs]So the mp 0.7.1 fixed the crashing issue for me (THANK YOU!) but I have a streaming issue from my mac. I can stream movies fine from my pc, but if I try it from my macbook, it plays for a couple of minutes and then just stops sending file packets. I tried it in aft and smb and it has the same results. I used to have this problem before and the update just before mp .6 seemed to fix the issue but now its back. I can stream the same movie through iTunes to the atv from my mac with no issues. Technology is such a fickle beast lol

Ok, so after the iTunes experiment I left iTunes open on my mac and went to the media player and played a different movie from my hard drive that wasn’t in my iTunes library and it has stayed playing for almost an hour now. May be a porting issue with the atv and iTunes? If I knew a damn thing about networking I might have a clue. Hope this helps nail down a fix though. Although right after writing this it started acting up again so never mind. 

Had same problem after upgrading Media Player to 0.7.  So restored ATV, updated to iOS 4.3 1 August, then jail broke using latest Seas0nPass, then installed ATVFlash, installed Media Player 0.7.1 and so far everything seems to be working.

When trying to play avi: "the operation couldn\u2019t be completed. Com.fire core.afpclient error 1986228001

Another reflection:

*restart issues seems to be solved (knock on wood)

*meta data was better before. I.e the movie A-team got the album cover etc in 0.6 but in 0.71 it just shows the opening screenshot instead. Goes for many movies

I have another problem with MediaPlayer 0.7.1/iOS 4.3 (latest), newest Sea0nPass: I regularly lose the afp connection, sometimes right after playing a movie, sometimes right in-between, the latter happens especially when it has been paused for a while. I tried it with a different mac as source for the files, I also tried a different router. Both didn’t help. With my previous installation, which was the IOS version before the current 4.3 (can’t remember the exact version number) and MediaPlayer 0.7, everything worked flawlessly. 

When I lose the connection,  it helps to go back to the main menu and selecting the media file again most of the time. In rare cases, I got an error message about a file called “com.firecore.afp…” (not sure about the exact filename). Then, only a reboot helps.

I have a few timnes now seen what sounds like a similar problem but on SMB shares.    I will have played a video file without problems, but on exiting when I try to select a different one I get a link error.  For me exiting back to the top level ; reselecting the share and anvigating back to the previous point has always fixed the problem (i.e. no need to reboot the ATV2) but it is still something that seems to be new with this release.

I guess the next time it happens to me I should submit a bug report to give FireCore a chance to diagnose the issue.

Just as a counterpoint - on Beta 6 I had AFP issues, media not playing and the system rebooting. After I updated to 4.3, re-jailbroke the device with the latest Seas0nPass and added Beta .71 back in, the aTV2 has been rocks-solid. No reboots, no inability to play media (AVIs tested, no MKVs to try tho) and the network is always there. If you’re having trouble with the box doing any of this, consider resetting everything to 4.3 defaults as I had and re-installing the latest break/pass - it seems to have really steadied the the system.

I just installed the latest update and now I only get static when playing .m4v (handbrake apple tv 2 profile) files. All of my .mp4 movies sound fine. This is a new issue and the first I have had with the media player. I believe I started prior to version .6. Any help or ideas are appreciated. The movies are coming off a drobo fs on a wired connection. No issues with any of the files when played on the atv2 when streamed off the drobo fs through itunes on the mac mini server.

oops. double post.

Is your AppleTV connected to an AV receiver, or just a TV?

You may try disabling the AC3 and/or DTS Passthrough options found in the Media --> Settings menu.

We’re looking into a few reported AFP issues - stay tuned.

ATV2 is plugged directly into the tv. Tried selecting auto for all audio options with same result. I also restarted all devices but we still get nothing but ‘static’ on all files ending with .m4v

Ok, if you’re connected directly to a TV you will want to disable the AC3 Passthrough and DTS Passthrough options found in the Media --> Settings menu. These are separate from the normal AppleTV audio settings.