MediaCloud?

How is MediaCloud supposed to work? I just installed 3.3 and made sure to tick the MediaCloud box in the installation, but I don’t see a menu for it. Does the media server have to be running on OS X or will it work okay with a Windows machine? Has anyone tried it out with the PlayOn media server from MediaMall?

Good question, anyone?

Ditto.

Same issue here. :?

Well, at least that there is some comfort that I am not alone on this issue. Personally, I missed MediaCloud the most from when it was recently dropped and the news that it was coming back was the only reason that I upgraded to 3.3.

Can we please have an official response to this issue?

Thank in advance.

If you go to DVD > Network available shares seem to show there. I show my macbook as a share and my time capsule as a share. They show up as available afp over tcp shares. I have tried to mount the timecapsule but I get an error saying that there is no server at that address. hmmm

MediaCloud isn’t an app. It’s more of a service. Anyone have any info regarding connecting to these share?

Update…

As stated in some other posts, afp doesn’t seem to work unless you have a version 1 Appple TV. I haven’t spent a ot of time with enable afp however smb seems to work great. I enabled smb on my timecapsule as well as my macbook and now I am able to stream media from those devices.

I am loving my Apple TV more and more…

Media Cloud has been renamed ‘Servers’ in aTV Flash.

Sorry for the confusion.

Media Cloud has been renamed ‘Servers’ in aTV Flash.

Sorry for the confusion.[/quote]

Is “Servers” supposed to be in the “top” menu? Or under “DVD”?
There were some errors in my log file; however the MediaCloud plug in is in the Finder package.

Overall, how do you set this up? On the AppleTV end? Or on the server side?
I installed TwonkyMedia - it found all my videos and music nicely - but the ATV seems to have no way to connect.

My AFP works great + I can FTP files back and forth - but completely lost on this MediaCloud stuff.

OK - re-installed atvflash…

now have “servers” in the top menu - yea!

mediacloud now works nicely with EyeConnect by Elgato. Downloaded Twonky but have not tried that yet.

One good hint: on Mac OS, make sure the firewall allows connections to EyeConnect / Twonky AND that the “hidden” option in the firewall is turned off during setup. I think the “hidden” can be turned back on after initial setup.

Streamed “entourage” today and worked great. As stable as when played locally.

As declared in some added posts, afp doesn’t assume to plan unless you accept a adaptation 1 Appple TV. I haven’t spent a ot of time with accredit afp about smb seems to plan great. I enabled smb on my timecapsule as able-bodied as my macbook and now I am able to beck media from those devices.

IP PBX