Media type metadata

I’ve been experimenting with using custom metadata by including .xml files alongside my movies. I’ve discovered that when I add a tag that doesn’t already exist it will be added to the “by genre” section of the library screen - wonderful! However if I change the tag, Infuse does not add this new type to the Library screen- no matter what I try all it shows is ‘Movies’, ‘TV Shows’, and ‘Other’. Is there something I’m overlooking here?

Thanks for any advice!

Unfortunately additional media type tags are not supported at this time.

Sorry. :frowning:

Any updates on this one.
Trying to figure out how xml files can be used to structure my home video files.
Movie, tv show, other - can I add eg home video and if can these then be divided and shown as eg series or similar?
So far I have noticed I can add genre using xml and would like to know options and or limitations - a set of rules

XML files are pretty flexible, so you there are no limits to the type of genre or rating you can provide.

This gives you a few options for how things are organized, for example if you set the content type to Movie you can place camping trips in a genre called ‘Camping’ or give them an age rating of ‘Fun’. Infuse will add any new genres and ratings you create to the Library automatically.

Then, if you like, you can add a Favorite or List of these new categories which will appear on the home screen. More info on this can be found here.

Ok - I can add genre - got that.
And that’s it? - think so.

The available tags are:

• title
  • description
  • cast
  • rating (age)
  • userStarRating (1-10 stars)
  • published (release date)
  • genres
  • producers
  • directors
  • writers

Thanks - good to be sure.
One last question:&
Tried to play with media type - without success.

Movie and TV Show - guess the last one is “other”
Can I use Other as a value eg for home video - are trying- but so far without success.

For Media Type, the only option here is Movie.

Setting a different type would place the videos into the Other category.