Media Player video formats

I assume that the media player only streams the video file types native to the ATV2?  If this is correct, are there plans to increase the number of file formats  supported?

It does AVI and MKV files fine, neither of which is native to the ATV2 as far as I know.   If you are interested in a particular format I think you need to mention which one.

I am specifically interested in the dvr-ms file type which I have found out media player doesn’t recognize, but it is interesting to hear that it handles formats other than those specified for the ATV2.  It would be very helpful to have a complete list of the supported video/audio file types for media player as I don’t see it anywhere in the Firecore product info.

On the page http://firecore.com/atvflash-black it tells you what file types are supported under the headline ‘SUPPORTED MEDIA FORMATS’ - you have to scroll down quite a bit. Trial and error will show just how much these file types are supported (I’ve had pretty poor results with .wmv but most other files I’ve played were fine).

The details are:

Video: .avi, .divx, .m4v, .mkv, .mov, .mp4, .mpeg, .mpg, .wmv, .xvid - more coming soon:
DVD Files: VIDEO_TS/VOB
Audio: AAC, AC3, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, DTS, FLAC, HE-AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, MPEG3, MPEG4, WAV, WMA - more coming soon 

Thanks for the info.   As for “more coming soon”, I hope video “dvr.ms”  and audio “flac”  files get included.

what about AVCHD formats like mts or m2ts from Sony or Panasonic camcorders?

Thanks, Thorsten

Audio FLAC files were already on the list as supported.

OOps, so they are!  I guess the old eyes were a bit tired after the hours playing around with the newly broken ATV2 on the big screen.

I have the latest 1.2 version in IOS 4.4.4 but have problem with some avi files. It plays some fine, others not. Same with mov files. They all play fine in my Mac. Are there restrictions on the size or type of avi file?