Media Player - support for .m3u as well as multicast stream

Dear Team,

First and foremost, congratulations for the Beta4 in general and the media player in particular. Your Media Player allowed me to play perfectly well some .ts files, field encoded (interlaced), which totally (native Apple TV player) or partially (XBMC) failed previously.

I noticed that I can play file either locally stored on the Apple TV or on a remote AFP system.

But do you plan to support within the Media Player :

- Playlist (m3u files) that will be accessible via a remote HTTP server

- RTP multicast stream (like VLC) that would enable access to many Live broadcast streams from IP networks

I thank you for all your efforts,

Best regards,

Cyril

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

I'll pass this info along and see what we can do. :)

I agree, IPTV / UDP Multicast with m3u files. Then we can use the Atv2 as a TV tuner :-)

Hoping this is on the drawing board..

Thanks, Klond

Dear Team,

Any feedback on the possibility to have this feature included in a coming beta ?

All,

If you’d like to see this feature coming - for IPTV in particular - do not hesite to post a +1 on this thread

Best regards,

Cyril

+1

+1

Dear Team,

We’re close to reach 500 reads on this proposal.Any feedback on the possibility to have this feature included in a coming beta ?

All,

Please support this suggestion if you’d like to see this feature coming - for IPTV in particular - by simply posting a +1 as a reply

Cyril

+1 (i’m not only voting because of cyril’s request, i’d like to have this feature too) :slight_smile:

I would like to have this feature too!!!

+1 - Elgato Netstream support highly demanded (.m3u-playlist with http-streams). This is my most missing feature

+1, THE most important missing feature to me.

Sklppy

Dear Team,

I’d like to thank you for the delivery of the .m3u support, via the Couch Surfer browser. It allows me to watch some Live TV streams on my Apple TV 2, that are meant originally for iPad.

Were you able to study the multicast RTP support as well ?

Thanks again,

Best regards,

Cyril

Dear team,

Any update on that one ? (you demonstrated me your effeciency on bug #35507, so I’m dreaming the same for the RTP multicast stream support :P )

Best regards,

Cyril

+1

Agreed with rexandbuzz. Should be so great to be able to read m3u8 files on couchsurfer pro !!!

+1

Multicast RTP support would be a real killer feature!

+1