Media Player Folder Display

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the folder icon that gets displayed in list view on media player to something else. Ideally I’d like it to pick up a graphic image to display that I could put into the folder instead of the boring grey folder. Grid view is fine and does that, but can be slow to load as a result and I kind of prefer the list view myself. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

It’s easy. Prepare the image you want to show instead of the folder. Name it “folder.jpg” and put it inside the folder. The image size shouldn’t be larger than 1000x1500 (I think). 

Is there any chance that there will be an option to display full dvd jackets (front and back) in an upcoming release. It only displays the middle half at the moment. I don’t really want to go through all my movie folders and change them to just the front cover. With over 300 movies that would drive me nuts. If you could include this as an option soon that would be appreciated.

this doesn’t seem to be working for me at all.  folder.jpg in each folder but no artwork displaying.  I have cleared all metadata for folders and for my entire library with no results.  Anyone have suggestions?

Do you have the correct size of the picture? 1000x1500 max?

My images are all smaller then the max size but do vary in sizes.

Example of my file structure:

TV Shows/Boardwalk Empire/season 1/show name. 01e01.mkv

I have a folder.jpg in the boardwalk empire folder for the show and I have an additional folder.jpg in the season 1 folder to represent the season. Neither show up on the ATV2.

Thanks for the help.

I have exactly the same setup and for me the folder images show up fine (in Grid View) at both levels.  As far as I know the images are not currently used for folders if you are in List View although I know people have asked for that to be a feature.