media player disappeared from maintenance menu

I installed 2.0 and after reboot media player went away. What about future upgrades???  The menu still seems the same as before…

Anybody can help?

Are you running the latest Apple TV SW, or an older version? 2.0 will require Apple TV 4.4 or later.

You can check the current version through the Settings > General > About menu.

OOOPS, I got 4.3 installed…  What do you recommend me? Installing 4.4 or 5.0 and why?  Will I loose my shares I created?

Thanks for answering.

Ok, you’ll need to have 4.4 or later installed to use aTV Flash (black) 2.0.

Here’s what I’d recommend.

1. Perform a Normal backup through the Maintenace > Settings > Manage Backups menu.
  2. Run the latest version of Seas0nPass to update and jailbreak the Apple TV.
  3. Run the aTV Flash (black) 2.0 installer from a Mac or PC to reinstall.
  4. Restore to your latest backup through the Maintenance > Settings > Manage Backups menu.
  5. Install the 2.0 version of Media Player through the Maintenance > Manage Extras menu.

This will update you to the latest versions of everything, and allow you to retain your current FireCore settings.

James, I don’t need to upgrade first to 4.4 in the menu?

Nope. Seas0nPass will do the updating for you.

OK, thanks.  I just tried to jail brake, process went well but when reconnecting my ATV the old firmware is still loaded.

Strange…  Itunes restored succesfully…  ???

Are you using the latest version of Seas0nPass?

OK, just to inform, I HAD to connect the power cable to ATV. I did a manual restore from the file  your software made.

At first, I got a message that the restore failed.  But when connecting my ATV to my television, it booted right up with the Firecore icon!!

Very strange…  But all is working well now…

It is standard if you have the power cable connected during restore to get an error message at the end.

It was impossible to restore without the power cable.  I think it is not mentioned in the guide lines.