media player buffering every few minutes

I am streaming from my laptop to my aTV2 using media player and it buffers every 7-8 minutes. Ive seen the discussions from 2011 when people were having issues streaming from tim capsules but nothing quite like my situation… any ideas?

Hi jarrodtb, I don’t have an actual answer but am having the same problem. My library consists of a variety of movie file types, mostly AVI (XVID/DIVX). My ATV was playing them fine over my network up until a week or two ago when all of a sudden my movies are all buffering every 3-4 minutes. Here is my setup if it helps :

Windows 7 64 bit computer with movies partially stored on an external 7200 RPM 1 TB drive and partially on a 640 GB internal 7200 RPM drive

Apple TV 2nd Gen, jailbroken with aTV Flash installed, latest updates have been installed as well.

Cisco Linksys E1000 Wireless-N router, secured with WPA/WPA2 mixed mode

Two shares defined, Video1 and Video2

I notice also that when I load the My Files (not Library) in the Media Player, it takes a long time (longer than before) to load the shares. If somebody knows what might be causing this, it would greatly help us! It is peculiar that it all of a sudden started doing this. I have reset the router and rebooted the apple tv multiple times, but issue persists.

Thanks guys!

Rudy

I had your same problem and suddenly changing the network cable, which works fine on other devices, I solved completely. I do not know if this will solve your problem, it’s weird but it worked for me. And 'as if with the new update the port had become more sensitive to issues of power cable (mah!). Obviously AppleTV2 new firm. In wifi never had any problems.

Sorry 4 eng. im Italian with Google traslator ! :slight_smile:

Gianluca