Media info: Dolby Atmos or DTS-X

Is it possible to display Dolby Atmos vs. Dolby TrueHD for stand alone media files (same request for DTS:X vs DTS-HD MA)?

-Cubbie

1 Like

Infuse is currently only showing what can play for users. Considering Apple TV cannot play these it could become confusing for people. Do you have suggestion to improve this? I personally would like to see that info in my library without having to run media info on each file every time. I know what my system can and cannot play.

2 Likes

@munpip214, for instance, on my Apple TV 4K, Top Gun 4k shows TrueHD 7.1 and it would be nice to show Dolby Atmos instead.

IMG_4278

Wasn’t sure what engine Infuse uses to extract media info.

-Cubbie

1 Like

Infuse doesn’t support Atmos via TrueHD so that it would be really confusing showing it in the info.

1 Like

True but for some of us it would be nice to still have all our media in infuse and show the true codecs even if it can’t be played. Then I could filter by atmos or Dolby vision and I personally would know to use the blu-ray player/shield to be able to play these. I think it would require a setting to enable this. Like I said before too it would be confusing to have on by default but still useful.

It’s probably using codec ID. Unfortunately codecID displays A_TRUEHD whether it has atmos or not (its the same ID). Same thing with Dolby digital. It uses A_EAC3

Apple is responsable for this,not Infuse app.I use a 4K Apple Tv.Movies work only with Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos(appears on the display of the receiver:Dolby Atmos.With Dolby True HD with Atmos shows Multichannel 7.1).Perhaps if Firecore asked Apple?In time: Receiver Onkyo TX-NR676.

Welcome to the forum!

This thread explains how all Infuse users can help get a fuller audio experience from Infuse through petitioning Apple for better access. Please join in! :smile:

1 Like