Manual subtitles not working

In the past, whenever I couldn’t find a subtitle using Infuse, I would download it manually from another source, then put it on the same folder as the episode and rename it, so only the extension (.srt) was different.

Apparently, this won’t work anymore.

I have this on my NAS and Infuse says No Subtitle Available.

la.brea.s01e10.720p.hdtv.x264-syncopy.mkv
la.brea.s01e10.720p.hdtv.x264-syncopy.srt

Any information would be much appreciated.

Do you know how you’re connecting to your NAS?

Unfortunately, external subtitles (and artwork) won’t be available when using certain streaming options, like UPnP & DLNA.

You can check the connection protocol you’re using by navigating to: Infuse > Settings > Shares > Share Name > Edit

The connection to the NAS is using the SMB protocol. And, if I recall correctly, I’ve been able to load external subtitles before.

It’s strange.

Thank you for your quick response.

Can you try browsing this share through Infuse > Settings > Shares > Share Name > Add Favorite and see if the subtitle file is visible there?

Note: This area will list all files Infuse is able to see, even file types that are not supported like PDFs, Word docs, etc…

I just did what you suggested and it didn’t work. But then I had an inspiration, power cycled the NAS and now it’s working just fine.

Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.