Manual Metadata for Series / TV-Shows

i understand the manual metadata.xml for movies and it is good for me.
but how do i have to build these file for series and tv shows?
can anybody upload an example?

The same file type can be used to override portions of TV episode info, however in order to use the Library related features you will need to ensure Metadata Fetching is enabled in Infuse.

But the file is really simple. Where do i add the episode number? Where the show name? What is the section title ‚movie‘ and ???
Infuse needs some things to know to geoup these single „movies“ to an season.
Is there anywhere in this forum a complete xml file?

I need them because i have ‚cutted‘ some dvds in smaller episodes, so i don not find them in databases and it is not usefull to add them there.

The series grouping is handled using the filename.

For example

Lost.S01.E01.mp4 and Lost.S01.E02.mp4 would be grouped together.

and i must not writer “TV-shows” instead of movies?
Where ist die Picture for the “TV-Show” and where for the “season” and where for the episode?

Thats it?
No more response?
Where is the complete documentation of the metadata.xml?
Why is it that big mystery?

hello?

Hey ?
The Tag „TV-Show“ is currently not working…
The Show must be listet at Thetvdb.com, so Infuse can recognize it as a TV-Show…

You can use some XML Scripting Language Tags to make Pagebreaks, Division etc in Description Text…
As well you can change the Episode Name, Cast, Writer, User-Star-Rating, Age Rating etc.

Look at this example:

You can use own pictures as TV-Show Posters, Season-Posters, Thumbnails and blurred Fanart-Background.

1 Like

thanks.
i will try this.
but why is there no documentation?

1 Like

Good question. Asking for months for this. DTD/XSD definition would be fine. See How to manage home videos + concerts with Infuse (xml file etc).

Only thing we can do is keep asking, I guess. :frowning:

/brg

Bump