AppleTV2 version 4.1.1
XP SP 3
wired ethernet (not using wireless at the moment)
bluetooth apple keyboard
bluetooth apple mouse
Just a repost of perhaps some obvious information from the forum.
Nothing original, it was all right on the forums.
1. greenpois0n for mac RC6 final (2-12-2011) - jailbroken
2. installed nitoTV then xbmc from the original jailbreak menus
3. installed bluecop xbmc plugins - awesome
4. used nitoTV to upgrade the openssh server per wifi fix
5. power rebooted for good measure
6. (modifying these steps since James just posted a reason for the problems and its proved out)
After James posted to the forums that a server providing the packages had some network problem, I was able to use the firecore Maintenance menu to "update" Xbmc and it correctly did.. so I assume that a normal install will now work from the firecore installation app.
7. moved [Browser][Last.fm][PLEX][XBMC][nitoTV][Maintenance] under Overflow menu
Plex (I dunno seems to work, but I don't know how to use the application)