MacOS progress bar issues

First one, on Mac you cannot jump directly to the time close to the progress bar white circle.

infuse

Second one, when you hover pointer over the progress bar, the time above the thumbnail “jump” too much and not smooth. Other player (Movist pro below) is much more precise and smoother.

infuse timeseek

movistpro timeseek

1 Like

Which version of macOS and Infuse are you using?

MacBook Pro 14" (M1Pro), infuse 7.3.4, Mac 12.2

Same issue on MBP 16" M1 Pro, Monterey 12.2.1. It was there even before ver. 7.3.4.

Thanks for the report.

We’ll be looking into the timeline skipping issue.

The number of thumbnails available while scrubbing will vary based on the video’s characteristics. This appears to be working as expected.

Hi @James,

I think you misunderstood my meaning regarding the thumbnails thing. I’m not talking about the thumbnail, just about the timestamp above the thumbnails not fine enough and we can’t click to the exact second when hovering the progress bar like other video players.

i.e. Currently the timestamp in infuse Mac jump a lot depends on how fast the Mac pointer moves, while other players’ timestamp will show every second even if your pointer move fast.

(And I’m aware that infuse generate video thumbnail on the fly and it’s not feasible for the number of thumbnails available every seconds)

The issue with seeking to points very close to the current position has been resolved in todays 7.3.7 update.

Thanks for the report! :slight_smile:

Thank you! However I’ve just noticed that this issue still affects the volume bar.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.