Lost all Favorites, Up-Next, etc

Ok, matter solved then. :slight_smile:

I am wondering, why there is no answer from Firecore. Usually they are pretty fast and responsive.

2 Likes

It just happened me to. This does not seem to have affected infuse on my iPhone. I will not re-create favorites for now because I do not want to overwrite my iCloud data. I hope this will be quickly resolved.

Does anyone have a problem with Plex too? It can’t find my server either.

I imagine you can reconnect to your plex server from within Infuse, just as others have had to re-specify the network location of their shared folders/libraries in smb or nfs etc.

Sounds like a spectacularly bad piece of programming in an update that has wiped out all the share information - whether they are on a networked nas or through the Plex server connection… while leaving the other Infuse settings alone, from sound to Trakt settings and so on.
Would also need a complete failure of reasonable testing of the update before releasing it…

1 Like

Hello everyone -

We’re aware of this issue which has affected some users starting on 5/24.

After looking into this, it appears to be caused by an iCloud glitch that has resulted in data being removed, or at least made temporarily unavailable.

For a bit a background, with iCloud sync enabled, Infuse will save share details and other settings to iCloud. This allows you to add a share/favorite on one device, and have it appear on your other devices. In addition to syncing shares/favorites you save, it will also sync shares/favorites you remove. What appears to have happened in this case (for a small percentage of users), is the data saved in Cloud simply disappeared so the next time Infuse went to sync, it noticed the shares were removed and accordingly removed them from the device.

It’s not clear what caused iCloud to lose this data, but due to the timing it’s possible it may be related to hosting infrastructure changes or migrations made by Apple to comply with the new GPDR rules which go into effect today. It’s also unclear if this data loss is permanent, or only temporary, and we are waiting to hear back from Apple to see if they are able to provide any insight as to what may have happened. To clarify, we do not have the ability to see your iCloud data, or make any changes to it.

FWIW, in the nearly 2 years since we originally started implementing iCloud sync, iCloud has been extremely reliable with tens of millions of records synced without issue. This is the first and only time we have seen anything remotely like this, and while we’d like to believe it will never happen again we will be working to implement some special handling in case a similar scenario happens again in the future.

Moving forward, you can set up you shares in Infuse again, and if you prefer not to use Infuse’s syncing features, it is possible to disable iCloud Sync in Settings > General. This would allow you to use Infuse normally, but without the additional syncing features described in the guide found here iCloud & Trakt Syncing – Firecore Should you choose to enable iCloud Sync in the future, your existing settings in Infuse will then be saved to iCloud and be available for other devices.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and are working to do everything we can to track down more details on what happened as well implement safeguards to avoid future issues.

2 Likes

me too

Yep, just lost all shared folders here too on ATV 4K. Slightly irritating and frustrating, to say the least.

The thetvdb.com and themoviedb.org sites must be cursing all the additional traffic with many people having to resync all their Metadata.

Just had it happened to me too now. I had iCloud sync on.

also to me :frowning: do we set it up new or wait until the problem is resolved as I don’t want to do it only for a fix to be pushed…

I think it might be advantageous to wait a little while. Clearly Firecore is looking into it with Apple, and if it’s misplaced data then it might reappear fairly quickly. This isn’t life or death stuff… I can give them a few days until they know enough and can let us know what to do.

Also impacted by this and lost everything. Won’t let me set up my share folders

I also lost everything on my ATV today. Infuse can´t find the shared folder from my pc. It sees some videos but it can´t access them. Infuse is basically useless now!
I have Infuse5Pro on the latest ATV. I don´t believe this only happened to some users…

1 Like

Is there a way to backup all of this locally? (I will NOT use Trakt, and will stay away from iCloud Sync.) There should be a way to backup (and recover) to the ATV itself, or any local drive on my network.

Hi James, thanks for your precise answer. Like always :slight_smile:

Just goes to show, you can even survive almost two years of full release before a gremlin surfaces. Beta testing can’t always find the bugs.

Thanks to Firecore for the quick response and waiting for the official word on resolution.

(With iCloud Sync Off LOL)

It’s not clear yet if the data is gone, or is just missing temporarily.

A prudent approach might be to disable iCloud Sync and then set up your shares from scratch. This will allow Infuse to work normally, and then you can consider re-enabling iCloud Sync in the future to save your changes. Worst case, if your original data is in fact restored you may end up with duplicate shares, but you can easily remove the duplicate via Settings.

We hope to have some clarification from Apple soon.

1 Like

I just started from fresh then connected to Plex and turned iCloud sync back on, a couple of hours ago, haven’t lost any settings…yet. At least one of the benefits of Plex integration is that I haven’t lost my watched/in progress statuses. In all took 5 mins (500 movies, 800 TV episodes ) to setup everything again on my ATV 4K, no big deal.

Thank you, will set up again not a big deal ??