Lost all Favorites, Up-Next, etc

Sorry for the confusion.

To clarify, we’re not seeing any reports related to 11.4 outside of those related to the original iCloud issue from last week.

In other words, those unaffected by the iCloud issue (as well as those who were affected and followed the steps in the first post) should not have any issues with 11.4.

Sorry, I didn’t see a question.

I was referring to your sugestion to “put this in a new topic”. I was showing you the topic was already created.

Hi
same issues as evry one. I’ve made : What to do if you are affected …The recommended steps to get back up and running are below.[…] : doesn’t work any more : favirotes ar gone… (where ? :slight_smile: )
thanks for help…

If you were affected, following the steps in the original post will allow you to start fresh.

Unfortunately, this does mean you will need to setup your shares and favorites again.

Hi, maybe something was mixed up here. This is my original post. I think it’s pretty clear. If infuse needs to be reinstalled due to a problem with 11.4 and therefore everything needs to be rescanned, it’s pretty uncool. I can understand the guy s1, inspite of his sometimes rough wording.

As Sebastian has said above already there is already a topic about infuse not opening in 11.4

Any problems with 11.4 really should be discussed in the below link and not here, others wise it will get confusing and won’t gain traction with the few who have this problem.

Unfortunately I think that it actually IS related to the original problem and points to a whole different explanation than the ones already provided - in my case, I of course had all iCloud off before my last compiling of the metadata over 2 days so if what James means is bad data being left inside the Infuse app on the atv then theoretically upgrading to 11.4 should not have affected the Infuse app in any way shape or form - what the whole issue from last week to now points to is an undiagnosed bug in the current Infuse app - corrupted data I. The database would have only caused the app to restart having lost all the metadata again and not cause the app to crash and not start. Of course no debug data can be gleaned from it to send to Firecore because the app won’t start - this is a real mess and I am fully expecting to see a loss of data very soon again now. Clearly we are never going to get an accessible database for Infuse from Firecore so I now give up :frowning:

Just a question: Have you cleared Infuse-iCloud data, or did you just turned iCloud Sync off?

Both :frowning: - and then compiled data :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
All running fine - until 11.4 then app crash.
11.4 has clearly exacerbated what is clearly a bug within Infuse that only seemed initially to be related to iCloud but clearly isnt :frowning:

Still all working completely fine here. On 11.4

Oh ok. I only asked because this user (Tvos 11.4 new update today - #4 by dg1974it) related that clearing iCloud data resolved his issues with Infuse on tvOS 11.4.

After he did that, Infuse opened again, even without removing the app first (although is recommended removing Infuse before clearing the iCloud data).

Just wanted to report that I’ve been running all of the tvOS 11.4 betas and the current release. Everything works fine. If people are having issues I don’t think it’s related to the new release.

FYI: After the original problem last week, I turned off iCloud and re-setup my shares, etc. Although everything seemed to be working OK, the metadata rebuild kept churning away for the next few days and still had not finished as of today. The onscreen info continued to say “last update 4 days ago”.

So I deleted Infuse, re-downloaded from the app store, and re-setup everything again. The metadata rebuild took 2 to 3 hours and finished. The “last update” shows as today.

As others here have said, your data may be corrupt even if Infuse appears to be working. I recommend biting the bullet and reinstalling Infuse.

I have iCloud OFF, and have not yet received iOS 11.4.

Right!

Better yet: remove Infuse, delete Infuse-iCloud data and only then reinstall the app. As a final step, turn off iCloud sync.

1 Like

Ok, I erased the iCloud sync data. Then infuse on my iPad opened empty. Ok. What will the infuse on the atv do?
I have updated to 11.4 and infuse is running correct with iCloud sync off. What will happen if I turn it on? Will everything be empty, or will the atv transfer the data to iCloud? Please don’t tell me, to reinstall and rescan etc. I did this 4 times now and I have two atvs.

iCloud sync On has been running solid for me for the last 5 days (TVOS 11.4, ATV 4K)

TMDb: We do enforce a small amount of rate limiting. Our current limits are 40 requests every 10 seconds and are limited by IP address

Plex apparently keeps a dedicated mirror of metadata so that if can have its own rate limits and doesn’t slam the source. Although that ends up with the data being a day old. Maybe that could be a solution here too? And if someone edits, it can manually grab the latest (and updates the server cache).

James…Your never ending patience and professionalism is an example to us all. Please be assured that the poster above does not speak for the community.

S1bar2…if you provide me with your iCloud email, I will gladly gift you the pro version of MRMC. I would like to make it clear that I am not in any way affiliated with the product and I could do without handing out my iTunes credit to deranged strangers. However if thats what it takes to get some peace then I will gladly do it.

To sum up my views on the matter however…firecore are the makers of Infuse. You are their customer. Firecore have recognised recent problems which have led to difficulties for their customers. They have outlined what they intend to do about it and how they intend to fix it. That is their choice. That is their right. If you don’t like their method of fixing it, your ultimate right is to go elsewhere and stop being their customer. You absolutely do not have any right to direct the company to do your bidding or solve the issue in the ‘exact’ way you want them to.

2 Likes

So, you are saying, that the atv will write into the empty iCloud, and not the empty iCloud will erase the data of the infuse?

There is a serious issue if you have more than 1 atv - ALL I can say for now is DO NOT TURN ICLOUD SYNC ON ON ANY OF YOYR BOXES - I have gone through EVERY SCENARIO to date and one of my 3 atv’s has just been wiped clean AGAIN requiring a complete delete of Infuse and re-install - so I am now (for the FOURTH TIME IN AS MANY DAYS) having to recompile all the data on my 1st box which was running fine last night and empty this morning !!!