Loss of Power to ATV2

Firstly, although being fairly tech savvy, I am a novice at JB’ing, so dont know or understand all the details.  So, excuse my ignorance to the whole process.

I got my ATV2 with 4.4.3 JBroken and successfully connected.  Then installed the aTV Flash (black).  This was last night.  Everything worked…I activated all the extras…pretty cool.

However, I live out in the country with power outages being common due to trees falling, etc.  Well, we had one in the middle of the night.  Woke up this morning and turned on the ATV2 and had the USB cable to iTunes logo and the ATV2 had a rapid flashing light. 

My question is…if the power to the ATV2 is interrupted…I have to “Boot Tethered” in Seas0nPass everytime???  and reset everything???  Why is this???

Thanks for the input             

That is what a tethered boot means.   It is currently required because no-one has yet cracked the problem of doing an untethered jailbreak for the 4.4.x firmware series on the ATV2 and you have installed the 4.4.3 firmware.

It sounds as if for you it would be better to run the 4.3 firmware as the jailbreak for that is untethered, so once it has been done you should not need to connect the ATV2 to the PC/Mac again in normal use.

Or put a UPS on the ATV… that is what i plan to do