Logo for customized top sites

I have two quesitons about Couche Surfer in Mirow:

- I have customized the top sites, now Couche Surfer shows me the content when the pages were updated last time. But it is very difficult to find the correct page as I have lot of pages showing the content now.

How can I get a logo for the customized pages, e.g. GMX (www.gmx.ch)?

- To customize the top sites I have opened the new pages, marked them in Couche Surfer and added them to the top sites. How can I unmark the pages now in Couche Surfer?

Regards

Philipp

We're actually working to expand the logo collection for the top sites page to include more site. If you submit a support ticket with the sites you would like included I think they can probably be added to an upcoming version.

Can the logos not be added by the user?
Where are they stored?

I found a couple of things myself in the meantime:

- logos are stored in /System/Library/CoreServices

- settings like the specific top pages are stored in ~/Library/Application Support/CoucheSurfer/Front Row.app/Contents/Plugins/CoucheSurfer.frappliance/Contents/Resources/CoucheSurfer.app/Contents/Resources/

The logos are .png files and have a resolution of 512x512 pixels.

Now I just have to find out how the link between picture and page is made...

There is a Yahoo logo file in the package and it is in the list of the known files. Why does it not show me the logo but only the thumbnail of the actual page?

As the people from Firecore do not answer all the questions the customers have, I do it myself for my questions:

The marked pages are handled with the bookmarks of Safari. If you open the bookmark manager of Safari on the normal desktop, you'll find a folder on the right side with the pages marked in CoucheSurfer.

I got it!

The logos are stored in: /System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app/Contents/PlugIns/CoucheSurfer.frappliance/Contents/Resources/CouchSurfer.app/Contents/Resources/

The logo needs to be listed in the file "KnownSitesMap.plist" in the same folder.
For every logo the CouchSurfer-Plugin should show in the Top Sites, the two lines need to be added to the file:

<key>www.examplehomepage.com</key>
<string>examplehomepage</string>

The name in the string-line needs to be the same name as the logo file in the folder has except .png.

The logo itself must be a .png-file. The original files from Firecore are 512 x 512 pixels, I have good results by making pictures the following way:
- white background of 512 x 512 pixels
- logo from wherever in the middle of the background with max. height of 375 pixels or max. width of the 512 pixels.

The named folder above has rights restrictions, so you will not be able to strore the files directly there, so I simply modified the rights of the folder so that I have read and write access now. You can also copy the files via the terminal with sudo.

I got it!

The logos are stored in: /System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app/Contents/PlugIns/CoucheSurfer.frappliance/Contents/Resources/CouchSurfer.app/Contents/Resources/

The logo needs to be listed in the file "KnownSitesMap.plist" in the same folder.
For every logo the CouchSurfer-Plugin should show in the Top Sites, the two lines need to be added to the file:

<key>www.examplehomepage.com</key>
<string>examplehomepage</string>

The name in the string-line needs to be the same name as the logo file in the folder has except .png.

The logo itself must be a .png-file. The original files from Firecore are 512 x 512 pixels, I have good results by making pictures the following way:
- white background of 512 x 512 pixels
- logo from wherever in the middle of the background with max. height of 375 pixels or max. width of the 512 pixels.

The named folder above has rights restrictions, so you will not be able to strore the files directly there, so I simply modified the rights of the folder so that I have read and write access now. You can also copy the files via the terminal with sudo.