local metadata .xml files... better support!

Will MediaPlayer eventually support local metadata .xml files generated by other software or will Firecore eventually release some software to deal with large amounts of .xml files?

I know MediaPlayer supports manual creation of a .xml file, but who would want to generate 600 .xml files manually? Does anybody know of software that can do this for you?

I guess there are other people out there who uses XBMC or MyMovies… and the ability for these two types of software to either generate .xml files (though encrypted) or read .nfo files with metadata in them.
MediaScout can generate a .xml file, but this is a named “movie.xml” and not <movietitle>.xml as MediaPlayer would want it…

Furthermore, if I have a localized .xml - or .nfo file as XBMC likes it - I don’t want MediaPlayer to scrape themoviedb for movie info.

I would really like to see support for already generated .xml or .nfo files or give me a piece of software to generate .xml files that MediaPlayer can read!!

Furthermore, please include some form of support for showing only folder.jpg for instance and not backdrop.jpg, poster.jpg or any other .jpg, .png or whatever…

Yes! Agree wholeheartedly…

TV metadata support is still a “growing edge” for media player…