Library shows Show ID instead of name

I have been trying to add a particular syndicated daily gameshow that ends in a ! to my Library.
Auto fetching metadata does not seem to work, so I go to one of the files, and use the Edit Metadata function to choose the correct show.
The items get added to my library under the TV shows section, however, it’s name shows up as the Show ID (77075). If I enter the show from the main screen, the season names disappear after a split second.
Browsing to that folder in the from my Favorites shows the folder name as blank.
If I Edit Metadata again and tell it to use embedded info, all views revert, but the show is now in the Other section of the Library.

I’m guessing this has to do with the ! at the end of the show name. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Can you provide an example filename you are using so we can try and replicate the issue here?

Jeopardy! - S2018E01 - 2018-01-01.mkv

I read this post thinking it was going to be a slam dunk. Too many spaces included with dashes and exclamation points along with using years for seasons, etc.

BUT

I was real wrong. I’ve tried a dozen or more different ways to label the file based on how their listed on thetvdb and still can’t get it to pull down info from thetvdb. Did find an interesting thread on thetvdb site though. Seems Jeopardy has been a bone of contention for a while now.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8620

I’m going to watch this thread here on the Firecore board and see what the experts come up with.

Sorry not to have an answer for you.

Yeah seems like it pulls down the data but then gets confused on what to do with it. Here is a video showing the behavior: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kp_Z4hgH2Bl9zxTzepJ6ekSZXoXnIgny/view

We have resolved the issue with Jeopardy and a few other series and will have the fix available in the next update. :slight_smile:

Hey that’s great! Looking forward to it, thanks!

Hi James

Are you able to confirm if BBC Documentaries is one of the TV series that has been fixed? For me this is just showing up with the TVDB ID number ‘79660’ and has no series artwork.

thanks

Yes, the fix will apply to BBC Documentaries as well as any other series that have thousands of total episodes.

1 Like

Thanks for such a quick response - excellent news :slight_smile:

I can’t get it to recognize Jeopardy!, any advice? (TvOS)

Can you provide an example of how your files are named?

I see this behaviour on all my TV series all of a sudden. It was ok at first but then I had to recreate my share. So all the files got indexed again and since then all tv series show the tvdb id instead of the name.
Latest Infuse version on iPhone and ATV, iCloud enabled.
It only shows the id under TV Series and not when I look into the share under favorites.
What can I do about this? I don’t want to recreate the share again. I tried to rename the folders on the share to trigger a new indexing on these folders but they came up with the id again.

1 Like

I can confirm fyii’s post. On my iPad I only see tvdb id’s and not the show name.

Stays like this with version 6.2.6 even after re-indexing the folder.
I re-build the library with 6.2.5 where this bug probably was introduced.

A workaround you can do for now is to disable the ‘Show Filenames’ option in Settings.

I can confirm nothing has changed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.