Library keeps disappearing

Hi,

I have a nasty problem with inFuse Pro on an ATV4K.

Every time the Apple TV reboots my library comes up empty. I have to rescan my NAS again and lose all my watched progress. On my other devices, everything stays fine, even though I have iCloud sync enabled. I’ve tried playing around with the options in inFuse, but nothing seems to work. Even tried deleting and reinstalling the app a couple of times.

I’ve previously used tvOS beta’s, but haven’t since the latest version came out. Don’t know if that makes a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is marked solved but there are no replies. My library has disappeared. It was all good this morning but in the evening I have no movies or tv shows and I keep scanning for changes but infuse finds nothing. I can watch the content if I browse the files outside of the media library. Is this some glitch that needs to be fixed???

I’m still getting this problem. I thought setting up trakt would help, but it clearly didn’t. Really appreciate all the help from Firecore, glad I went with the subscription…

Welcome to the forum, and sorry for the trouble.

The most likely cause of this is your device is running low on storage space, and tvOS is ‘helping’ by clearing up some disk space for other apps. We see this sometimes when a lot of apps are installed, or if the apps you are using are caching a lot of data (IPTV apps, games, etc…).

One of the big things we’re working on for Infuse 6 is an all-new iCloud implementation which will greatly assist in cases where the Apple TV does remove Infuse data, as Infuse will be able to quickly download this info from iCloud instead of having to scan all your files again.

We expect to have Infuse 6 available in early 2019, so please keep an eye out for updates. In the meantime, you may look at removing apps you don’t find yourself using, to avoid tvOS from having to clear out your data quite as often.

I actually went and bought a cheap app to view my storage space. I still have 20GB left. Netflix, Prime, infuse and apple events are the only apps on my device.

I’m not saying it isn’t something like that, only that it’s very unlikely. Is there any sort of logging or dev mode I can use to access information like this? I’m not a coder, but analysing logs is nothing new to me.

Apple doesn’t really do a great job of providing users much insight into the inner workings of tvOS, but if you are able to send in a report from your device (and open support ticket), it may provide a better picture of what may be going on.