JB Appletv 2 SW 5.2.1 (6025)

HI guys been at this for over a week and can only JB the tethered version. i guess i have to wait for new software to be able to JB the untethered version. In the menu in about it says software version 5.2.1 (6025) FYI thanks for any replies

hey please serach the forum first.

Thanks i did that many many times

1. before you reached 5.2.1 have you jailbroken it before?

2. have you ever installed atv flash before if you did then atv flash might have saved previous blobs?

3. you can grab ifaith latest & click show available caches on server . If ifaith showed blobs lower than 5.2.1 then you can probably jailbreak unthethered to lower versions , if ifaith showed none you are stuck at 5.2.1 at the moment.

this is my second atv2. i did JB one earlier this month that works fine untethered. software on that one is 5.2 (6010.96)

I have two ATV2’s  one  5.1 (jailbroken untethered)  and the other one is 5.2.1,  I have SHSH blobs saved from 5.1 version. But I can not downgrade my second ATV2, iMac OS 10.8.3, 

So Haney if you find a solution please post it here.

thanks 

Ya i will So far no luck. And man i tried everything i could lol lol cant even post right lol

If you have never jailbroken the second Apple TV and it’s on 5.2.1 you will not be able to do an untethered jailbreak at present (only the tethered version is available).

Only if you have jailbroken a specific device before. I say this because to downgrade you need blobs (firmware signatures) for an untethered firmware version which are UNiQUE to your device’s ECID number.

just as I thought that SHSH device is specific, but I was not 100 percent sure on that. Will have to wait for untethered JB for 5.2.1.

thank you. 

OK Thanks guess i will have to wait                                                                                                                                                                                         

Me included :frowning:

The only thing to be aware of is that there is no guarantee the untethered jailbreak will ever arrive.  For some releases of firmware an untethered jailbreak never got released. 

The jailbreak community sometimes hold back an exploit while they wait for the next major release of firmware to make it harder for Apple to patch the weakness that is being exploited.  As exploits seem to be getting harder to find they are a valuable commodity not to be used casually.   One has to remember that most exploits are not specific to the ATV, but also relevant to iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad devices so the potential target audience for any particular exploit is huge.

I totally agree, and after reading what the Evad3rs and there ex member said we will not see them/him using the new exploits that have been found until iOS7/7.1, which is expected June/July time, probably inline with a new iPhone (probably the 5s).