Jailbroken ATV 1

Help !! I have recently bought a 40GB Apple TV first generation with a view to jailbreaking it. Once I purchased the unit I then subsequently had it jailbroken with a purchased flash drive that held the software to complete it. The drive came with the instructions required and advised that upon initial set up I use a Ethernet cable between the router and ATV. As my main large TV is not near the router I had to bring a smaller TV in from another room to place near the router and set up that way. This all went well and once tested with the ATV connected to the smaller TV, no flash drive or Ethernet cable attached - just an HDMI lead and power cable - I booted it up and it worked fine on the smaller TV. As this TV is not the one I intend to use with it I unplugged all and reconnected exactly the same on the intended one. It starts to boot up, gives me the openelec screen , goes pink and then stops. I have then retried on the smaller TV and it still works.

I am confused as to why its not working, especially as before I jailbroke the ATV and it was a standard ATV it worked fine on my large TV but now does not. The smaller TV is a 20inch Tecknika smart TV only about a year old and my large TV is a 40inch Sony Bravia about 8 years old.

Can somebody offer any suggestions as to why this is not working ?

Cheers

Hi guys, I’m new to this and having some problems with my ATV2

Anyone know how to unjailbreak ATV2 on 5.3, it wont airplay or update to the latest S/W, I’ve tried to restore but getting error message half way through the process, its driving me up the wall

Hi guys, I’m new to this and having some problems with my ATV2

Anyone know how to unjailbreak ATV2 on 5.3, it wont airplay or update to the latest S/W, I’ve tried to restore but getting error message half way through the process, its driving me up the wall

You would be better off posting in the ATV2 forums rather than posting a reply to an unrelated issue.
You can find the correct forums using the link below.

You would be better off posting in the ATV2 forums rather than posting a reply to an unrelated issue.
You can find the correct forums using the link below.

http://firecore.com/support-forum/jailbreaking[/quote]

Tks Matt :slight_smile: