Jailbreaking Apple TV 2 on PC: Computer doesn't recognize Apple TV via USB

Hi,

I am trying to jailbreak my Apple TV 2 on a PC.  The only computer I have is a work issued laptop that has McAfee running in the background and I cannot turn it of.   I only mention that b/c when I run SeasonPass a message pops up suggesting I turn off McAfee.  

When I click on Create IPSW, it states "Waiting for device"...I then plug my Apple TV 2 into my computer using my usb cord.  Nothing happens!  I have tried 4 different USB cords and nothing happens!  I even plugged in the Apple TV using the power cord and all that happens is itunes opens up.  But at no time does SeasonPass recognize my Apple TV 2 plugged into the computer.  

I have jailbroken my other Apple TV 2 over 6 months ago with no issues, but now I am really frustrated!   Help!  

Ignore the message regarding turning off virus protection software.  It is a standard message and requires no attention.

Your Micro-USB is obviously functional and recognized by your PC if it pops up your iTUNES service...

If faced with the same situation (which sounds unusual in the first place), I would first throw away the copy of Seasonpass I was using (and all its related vestiges) and try with a fresh version.  You really should have no issues using a PC with the latest version of SP.  It has worked flawlessly for me (and most others) over countless jailbreaks.

If you continue to face the same problem, I would accept iTunes' offer to restore the system to the latest version of the Apple TV software.

I would then start the process over.

Let us know how it turns out.

More and more fraudsters try to get into apple malware market. Sad Steve Jobs is not with us. Current managers care less about value and security and more about quick money. Even without jailbreaking, Apple devices being under mas attack of various adware/malware - http://macsecurity.net/view/72/ - flipora, MacVX, Only Search and many others