JailBreaking 4.3 (8F191m) & 4.4 (9A334v) and upgrading to 4.4.4 (5.0) Unthethered

I have 3 x Apple Tv 2.

1. 4.3 (8F191m) (Brand New shipped with this Firmware)
Which i cannot get shsh Blobs from using iFaith or Tiny Umbrella. Tried many usb cables and computers. Still NO luck.

Help PLEASE!!!

2. 4.4 (9A334v) (Bought Used with this Firmware)
Managed to save shsh Blobs using iFaith and have managed to jailbreak Firmware using the Guide for apple not signing Older Firmware.

But how do I Upgrade to 4.4.4 (5.0) Unthethered???

3. 5.0 (5.1) (Bought Used with 4.3 (4.2.1 8F202) Firmware
Forgot to save shsh Blobs!!!

Upgraded to 5.1 & Tethered Jailbreak with SeasonPass.

Cannot save shsh Blobs with iFaith or Tiny Umbrella!

Does iFaith support 5.1 ???

How can i Downgrade to 5.0 ???

Unless you can get the SHSH blobs from the device using iFaith there is nothing you can do.

[quote="Satplanet"] 2. 4.4 (9A334v) (Bought Used with this Firmware) Managed to save shsh Blobs using iFaith and have managed to jailbreak Firmware using the Guide for apple not signing Older Firmware.

But how do I Upgrade to 4.4.4 (5.0) Unthethered???
[/quote]

You cannot upgrade/downgrade to a version that you do not have the SHSH blobs for.

[quote="Satplanet"] 3. 5.0 (5.1) (Bought Used with 4.3 (4.2.1 8F202) Firmware Forgot to save shsh Blobs!!!

Upgraded to 5.1 & Tethered Jailbreak with SeasonPass.

Cannot save shsh Blobs with iFaith or Tiny Umbrella!

Does iFaith support 5.1 ???

How can i Downgrade to 5.0 ???
[/quote]

As stated earlier you cannot downgrade if you do not have the blobs.

Thank You Matty for your prompt reply!

1.  How can i save my blobs for my apple tv which has 5.1 Tethered Jailbreak?

2.  Is there any other way to get shsh blobs from my apple Tv with 4.3 (8F191m) as i used the same cables for getting blobs for my Apple Tv 4.4 (9A334v) with   iFaith.

3.  What Do you suggest is best way to get my 2 Apple Tv’s Jailbroken?     I will prefer Unthethered!        Remember I only have shsh blobs for 4.4 (9A334v).

4.  Will we see an Unthethered Jailbreak for 5.1 (9B179b) ???

Use TinyUmbrella. http://netputing.com/2010/10/01/how-to-save-apple-tv-2g-ios-4-1-shsh-blobs/ (Instead of About this Mac; download USBVIEW.) Note TinyUmbrella will contact the Apple servers and capture ALL SHSH blobs that are currently signed; not ones that are no longer signed.

If it isn’t working you could try on another computer.

Only a tethered jailbreak is supported for 4.4. Remember you cannot flash a version you do not have the blobs for: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware#Apple_TV_.282nd_generation.29

I would assume yes but there is no information been made public that gives us a definitive answer/timeframe. They have found a few exploits but what we do not know is if they are present on the Apple TV.

Thank You Once Again!!!

Ok, Now i want to Jailbreak both to 5.1 tethered.

1 x 4.3 (8F191m) which i still cannot get blobs from! iFaith Keeps giving me “Unknown iOs Detected Aborting”
I have tried many computers and cables! No Luck

1 x 4.4 (9A334v) which i have saved blobs for using the same cables and PC.

Now i am trying to install 5.1 which i have Jaibroken using SeasonPass but keep gettin the 3194 error when I restore via iTunes!

I have the latest iTunes installed 10.6.1.

Do I have to first restore with the Original file and then restore again with the Jailbroken SeasonPass File???

Open your hosts file (Start > run > [Copy and paste the following] notepad “C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts” > then click ok)

Anything that contains gs.apple.com put a # infront of it.

You should be able to restore 5.1 now.

Thx!!! I have finally managed to update to 5.1 Tethered Jailbreak!

Thanks alot for your Help!