Jailbreak on PC... Tether Boot on Mac?

I need help jailbreaking my ATV2 with the new 5.1 software… I was all set and jailbroken on 4.4.4, but updated the software because I like the UI (unlike some) and figured I could live with the tethered version. Hasn’t worked out at all yet.

Anyway, when I try to run Seas0nPass on my MacBook Pro (Early 2006 Core Duo running 10.6.8 and the latest iTunes) I get the Error 1604… every time. However, I tried the jailbreak on my PC (HP Pavilion dektop running Windows XP) and it goes through just fine with no errors. Only problem is the PC is upstairs, TV is downstairs, so that makes doing the tethered boot a little difficult to do.

So, I’ve jailbroken on the PC, but I can’t get the tethered boot to work using my MacBook Pro. I made sure the same IPSW created on the PC is also on the MacBook Pro. The process goes all well and good, but when it says the boot is complete, all I get on the ATV is a rapid flashing light. If I unplug the USB back in again, I get the iTunes logo and USB image.

So, is it possible to jailbreak on the PC, and tether boot on the Mac? Are there any other glaring issues that I have overlooked? Thanks. :slight_smile:

try to search  in forum , there was the same question couple weeks ago.

OK, I did a search before I posted. Now searched again and found this: http://forum.firecore.com/topic/7598

So it’s possible. Great. So why is the tethered boot not working? Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but it doesn’t seem that difficult to do. It just ain’t working.

Should have left my 4.4.4 untethered alone. :wink:

So does anyone have an answer as to why the tethered boot doesn’t work? I see quite a few people ask about the above situation (rapid blinking light) and I never see a response… Anyone have an answer?

Thank you.

Bump. I’m in the exact same situation. Tethered boot from my Mac is not working.