jailbreak fail

I keep getting an itunes and usb icons on the screen as soon as i upload the jailbroken  firmware onto ATV2. This has happened on 2 seperate computers, one with fresh install of seasonpass and one with fresh install of seasonpass and itunes. I’m almost positive its nothing on my end because I also did several factory setting restores before trying again and it just simply does not want to work. After completing this a total of 4 times, each with original factory restores after failing, 1 time nothing would even appear on the screen and the 3 other time, had the itunes/usb icons which I read indicates that there is something wrong with the firmware. As stated i got this using 2 separately different computers, and I have jailbroken my ATV2 for myself and several of my friends plenty of times. I believe there might be something wrong with the software.

I also used 2 different HDMI cables, and 2 different micro USB cables during the process, nothing helped. firmware 7b197b is what i’m having problems with

I’ve just encountered the same issue

It works, are you doing a tethered boot? The current jailbreak for the 5.0 software is tethered.

Exactly the same happens to me. I’ve tried 3 times now and it’s always the same. It does the jailbreak no problems but then when I connect the ATV to the tv to just shows the iTunes logo and a USB cable.

I’ve found several older threads about this but can’t find anything tat says how to fix it.

Any help appreciated.

Scroll down to Using Seas0nPass for a ‘tethered boot’, follow those steps.