Jailbreak didn't take

All seemed to go well with SP .9.3 from MBA 2011 running 10.7.5

It ran as the instructions showed. DL'd OS update from Apple, did it's thing.  Went to DFU.

SP said it was happy, iTunes said it was happy and complete.

But I plug it in and I get no output of any kind.

The ApTV 2 just flashes at about 3/sec.

It was OS 5.02.

When I plug it back into iTunes on same MBA, it is seen and in recovery mode.

Should I try to run recovery from iTunes again or will that update the OS beyond JB-ability, if it indeed is not JBn?

Any ideas?

did you choose 5.0.2 in the create ipsw stage? if not, you have a tethered version of 5.3 since you use a sp 9.3 version. Newest version is sp 9.5 with the untethered 5.3. Hope this helps

there was no place or time to choose anything with .9.3.

if I indeed do have a tethered 5.3 and need .9.5 to untether is that the info on the firecore instruction page?

wow, this is a horrible message forum software.  did someone try to re-invent the wheel?

previous meesages don't show when you replay and you can't edit your previous messages either.

in any case.  It is indeed 5.3 tethered.  So I suppose I must use .9.5 to get untethered and update the OS to 6 or whatever to get my radio back.

That I gather must be done from a 10.8 Mac as there are issues with 10.7.5 and SP .9.5.

updated to 10.8.5 so that I could use SP .9.5 and hopefully untether at 5.3 for the ApTV2.

Ran it, all went well.  Except when I plug in ApTV2, I got the Apple for a couple secs, then the LED flashes and that's it.

Ran SP a 2nd time, plugged into power. Seems to have taken as untethered this time.

My question now is, can I update the OS to whatever Apple sends so that I can get internet Radio back which requires OS 6, according to Apple, without losing the JB?

[quote="metropical"]

updated to 10.8.5 so that I could use SP .9.5 and hopefully untether at 5.3 for the ApTV2.

Ran it, all went well.  Except when I plug in ApTV2, I got the Apple for a couple secs, then the LED flashes and that's it.

Ran SP a 2nd time, plugged into power. Seems to have taken as untethered this time.

My question now is, can I update the OS to whatever Apple sends so that I can get internet Radio back which requires OS 6, according to Apple, without losing the JB?

[/quote]

5.3 is the latest firmware you can go to and still retain a jailbreak. In other words, there isn't a jailbreak for newer firmware at this time.

Darn the Luck ! ! !