iXpand - supported file formats

Hello,

I have bought an iXpand Flash Drive. Now I am trying to play videos through the Infuse app. The problem is, I can play just some of them. For example I have 2 MKV files and 2 AVI files, but I can play just one of each. If I put the videos directly to the app (using iTunes) the videos are all ok and all 4 are playing. I have tried to play them, download them, try it in PRO version of app, in normal app, but all the time is the same issue.

Do you know where could be the problem?

Thank you very much.

Welcome to the forum, and sorry for the trouble.

To help pinpoint what may be going on here, could you use the ‘Email Us’ option found in Settings? Doing this will submit some info from your device and open a support ticket so we can look into this further.

I have sent the ticket as you wrote, but I still did not get any answer. Do you know what could be the problem?

I see your ticket here, and we’re currently looking into what may be causing this.

Can you provide an example of the filenames you are having trouble with?

We’ve recently discovered a bug in the iXpand SDK related to some non-latin characters. This issue has been reported to SanDisk, and they are currently working with high priority to resolve this.

The current workaround is to remove the non-latin characters from the filename.

Thank you for your help. It helped and now are all the videos working. The probelm was with a diacritic letters as “á č ě é í ř š ť ú ů ý ž”