iTunes Restore Errors

[quote="alexanderg.1353"]

This is my third try to get help – now over the forum. In the first two i used the support form and just get a standard answer "please look at forum thread blablabla".

That's what i did before and after, but i still have the same problem: THE JAILBREAK DO NOT WORK!

Meanwhile i am a DFU-Expert, but always when i try to restore the modified Firmware, i get ERROR 14 after a few seconds of the restoring prozess of iTunes.

I have tried it with my MacBook Pro and an Toshiba Notebook with Windows XP.

Restoring the standard firmware software using the same cable/iTunes works perfect!

UPDATE:

After buying a news USB 2.0 Cable and updating the seasonpass software to the latest version and reinstalling iTunes i STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND NO ONE HELPS ME SINCE ONE MONTH NOW. Im really pissed off about this piece of s*** and the poor support!!!

[/quote]

I have a feeling, as I tried the same proceedure, that Apple servers are checking in the middle of the restore, if you have a valid IPSW being used.  Then locking you into a DFU loop, if you do not.  A guess on my part.  Read about someone who started up TINYUMBRELLA, when in the middle of a failed jailbreak using SEASONPASS.  Then the jailbreak worked to completion. 

[quote="RinusRups"]

Hi! I accidently renewed the iOS software of my TV in 4.3 version unti then the box worked like a dream.(jailbroken with Greenp0isen)

I tried Seas0nPass to repair the box, but i am receiving the error message: iTunes restore script failed, selecting IPSW in Finder...

Any ideas to restore the MagicBox?

Regards RinusRups

[/quote]

SEASONPASS new version is coming out in a week from May 5, according to an admin posting on another message string.  Something like beta 5 or 6.

[quote="ktjensen"] SEASONPASS new version is coming out in a week from May 5, according to an admin posting on another message string.  Something like beta 5 or 6. [/quote]

This is not true as far as I know.   What is coming next week is beta 5 of the Firecore software (Media Player, Couch Surfer etc).

[quote="itimpi"]

This is not true as far as I know.   What is coming next week is beta 5 of the Firecore software (Media Player, Couch Surfer etc).

[/quote]

If they can get COUCH SURFER to work with flash, and my SLINGPLAYER in that browser, life will be near perfect.  Crossing fingers.   Was reading rumors that there might be someday a server app that runs on your desktop, or a remote vendor server; to echo flash back to any apple IOS device in a format that apple IOS can use.  Looking forward to that day also.  

Hate to be "that guy", but after continually getting 1601 errors after using seas0npass, I decided to let pwnagetool create my ipsw. and it worked. hmm...

I’ve done everything suggested in your Troubleshooting Instructions but can not get SeasOnPass JB to to work.  I’ve tried jailbreaking with SeasOnPass serveral times today and keep getting the message that it’s Done, but when I reconnect to Apple TV2 there is no SeasOnPass on the Apple TV menu and it is not jailbroken.

Help… Will GreanPoison work?

+1

I’ve got the same problem when i try to jailbreaking the atv2. The SeasOnPass menu display “itunes restore failed, open AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_SP_Restore.ipsw file in finder”.

And when i connect the Atv2 on my TV, there is no SeasOnPass on the Apple TV menu and it’s not jailbroken.

Have you got an idea to install correctly this patch ?

Thanks for your help

Hey, i found how to fix the errors follow the steps on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrjoOKcdxLE put your micro usb on apple tv and your PC/Mac in DFU mode then use iREB 4.X to fix the errors, and simple install the firmware…sorry if my english is bad.

if iTunes Restore doesnt work, and without showing any error number, just asking to select file in the finder…

… maybe you are running your Mac in non-english language: switch to english, logoff/login again and restart Seas0nPass

I need Help. I did all the process but when it comes to the Itunes restore, it appears a message saying: “ITunes restore script failed. Selecting IPSW in finder…” and keeps there foreever. I have tried all the suggestions as changing the cable, updating everyting, etc. What next? Please help.

Jans

Every time I use SeasonPass I get the iTunes script failed error. When I try the restore in iTunes I always get the 1600 error. I have tried dozens of times with three different micro USB cables. I’ve tried using the USB port on the box (MacMini) and on a powered USB hub. I’ve tried with and without the power cable connected. My hosts file does not have any redirects from apple.com.

My wife now thinks I’m totally nuts for spending so much time on something that seems so simple and, at the same time, impossible to do.

My dear wife finally persuaded me to buy yet-another USB cable. We went to The Mall here in Korat (Thailand) and found what seemed to be a good quality table. I had the ATV with me, so we asked them to test it. They found a Mac. I knew the cable would be good because as soon as they fired up iTunes the ATV instantly appeared.

And, sure enough, when I got home the jailbreak went smooth as silk.

So, to those getting the errors discussed in this thread: it’s probably the cable.

What the hell?! I am on hour 5 trying to jailbreak my Apple TV 2G with no luck! I have used season pass and got many various error by iTunes. I tried Tiny Umbrella and all of the other posts to get around errors. I now always get error 1600! I bought aTV black last night and was looking forward to using it, but it seems Firecore should be paying me to install this program with all of my time which has been lost with no real help. I have tried it on both of my PCs; laptop and desktop running Windows 7. The next step is to buy a new mini USB; which I have read might work. Outside of a new cord, what else can I do? I cannot even revert back to a normal update through iTunes. It won’t download the update. iTunes says something along the lines of there’s no internet connection, but there is! I am very annoyed and I am starting to regret throwing my money away on aTV black. I have a useless program and an Apple TV 2G with no use! Little help will be very much appreciated!

What the hell?! I am on hour 5 trying to jailbreak my Apple TV 2G with no luck! I have used season pass and got many various error by iTunes. I tried Tiny Umbrella and all of the other posts to get around errors. I now always get error 1600! I bought aTV black last night and was looking forward to using it, but it seems Firecore should be paying me to install this program with all of my time which has been lost with no real help. I have tried it on both of my PCs; laptop and desktop running Windows 7. The next step is to buy a new mini USB; which I have read might work. Outside of a new cord, what else can I do? I cannot even revert back to a normal update through iTunes. It won’t download the update. iTunes says something along the lines of there’s no internet connection, but there is! I am very annoyed and I am starting to regret throwing my money away on aTV black. I have a useless program and an Apple TV 2G with no use! Little help will be very much appreciated!

If you’re getting 1600 errors then it is probably the cable. My guess is that many of the USB micro cables sold are designed to transfer data to mobile phones. They may not supply enough power to boot the Apple TV. Try and find a robust (thick) cable. The one that finally worked for me cost about three times as much as the ones sold for mobile phones and had a much thicker cable. Another alternative would be to buy an micro-USB adapter to use with a known-good USB standard or mini cable.

Test the cable before you waste more time trying to jailbreak the Apple TV.

If you plug the cable into the ATV (without using the power cord) and a Mac and then fire up iTunes the ATV should immediately appear in the iTunes sidebar under “Devices”. If it does not, then the cable is no good. Don’t waste your time.

FWIW I had plenty of tries after receiving various iTunes errors but mainly 1600, but what worked for me was to use Pawnage tool to DFU the device.  Then iTunes was happy to proceed without the 1600 error.  I also used a Pawnage tool generated ipsw if that made a difference I don’t know.

HTHs,Matt

I solved the problems with iTunes and error 1600:

After spending many hours with itunes and error 1600 I found a way to solve this problem: iREB RC4 (use google).

This tools makes it very easy to set the ATV2 in DFU mode (if ATV2 is not in DFU mode, you get also error 1600).

Connect ATV2 via USB, start iREB, choose Apple-TV2 an follow the instructions

The start iTunes and restore - worked at the first try!

I am happy

Using Seasonpass to update to 4.3 and jaulbreak my jailbroken 4.2.1 atv, I get the following error:

the apple tv appletv could not be restored. this device isn't eligible for the requested build.

I'm using itunes 10.3.1 which is reported to work. What am I doing wrong to get jailbrkone 4.3 to my ATV2?

EDIT: found topic http://forum.firecore.com/topic/4645 ad then topic http://forum.firecore.com/topic/4328 on adjusting the hosts file useful in solving the issue.

Hi there,

I did jailbreak my ATV 1 in few minutes…but, that was not the case with my ATV2 !!!

Main problem was the itunes restore (latest version of itunes and seasonpass) on my iMac. the error was: unable to select ipw file in finder…

And the solution is…

1: Restore the ATV2 through tv

2: Jailbreak the ATV2 on latest version of itunes on a PC !!!

3: Install atv flash and that is it 

Works perfectly

Good luck

I was getting hung up repeatedly in the iTunes Restore step with the “unable to connect to apple tv update server” issue.

I verified that gs.apple.com was not being specified in my /etc/hosts file but was continuing to have the same issue.  I even enabled a packet sniffer to see if iTunes was indeed attempting to connect to an incorrect IP address for gs.apple.com. Turns out it wasn’t even getting that far.  

I found the solution for my particular situation was to remove my iTunes preferences and restart iTunes.  The preferences files are located in ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist