Itunes keeps auto auto restore apv2 to factory settings after connecting to itunes store.

Hi, Before I start i would like to say that YES, i have followed the seas0n pass jailbreak instructions AND followed several step by steps on you tube.
Once i have in theory jailbroken aptv2 itunes tells me it needs to connect to itunes store to verify, then itunes automatically restores aptv2 back to factory settings.
I suspect the problem here is in itunes and not seas0npass but i have no idea where to find the magic button that solves this. My girlfirend is nagging the hell out of me to stop messing about, i need help!

Thanks anyone and everyone…
Gvb

SOLVED

Mind sharing how you did it?  

Hi

I suspect I have the same issue you had, can you please post how you fixed yours.

How I got stuck was - saw the mail about the new seas0n pass and rushed to upgrade my ATV2. Jailbreak worked first time no issues but the firecore install was not right and I could not install any extras other than the maintenance plugin. So to resolve I allowed iTunes to reset my ATV2 to factory settings.

Now when I run the jailbreak I briefly see two “images/files” as the jailbreak script initiates the restore in iTunes. I am guessing the first one in the list is the official Apple one and the second is the seas0npass modified image. Unfortunately the first one gets selected and I end up with a vanilla ATV2 instead of a nicely jail broken version that I can install firecore onto.

any help would be great as I was intending to sit down in front of the TV tonight.

Thanks

Hi

I have solved my jailbreak issue by removing all ipsw files from my machine and rerunning the seas0n pass install. Firecore is now installed but still no joy with installing media player. :( I will go and check the other posts.

Hi

I have solved my jailbreak issue by removing all ipsw files from my machine and rerunning the seas0n pass install. Firecore is now installed but still no joy with installing media player. :( I will go and check the other posts.