iTunes Currently Unavailable

I’m using Apple TV 2 with software 5.2 with ATV Flash Black.

Every time i try to play content purchased on the iTunes Store I get “iTunes is currently unavailable. Try again later.”

I tried:

1. Restarting

2. Signing out of iTunes and signing back in

Neither fixes this problem (though that used to fix it).

Anybody else experiencing this?  Has Apple found a way to break jailbroken devices from playing content?  My next step is to try restoring to factory settings and checking if this fixes it.  Before I do that I figured I would post here looking for a solution.
Thanks in advance.

After removing the jailbreak and installing v5.3, I could once again stream purchased content from iTunes.  Anybody else have this problem?  Any solutions to be able to stream the content while keeping the jailbreak on v5.2?

Yes, I do. If I reboot a bunch of times from both Settings > General > Restart or the Maintenance > Settings > Relaunch Apple TV I can get it working again eventually. Huge pain though.

I’ve been having this problem on and off for a while but never really got around to reporting it to firecore. I found that not only could I not play stuff from iTunes, but also from Media (now infuse) and Netflix. I used Cyberduck and discovered that within the path - /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video - that it wasn’t emptying, that movies and shows that I had previously watched were staying on the Apple TV and taking up space meaning I couldn’t stream/cache (whatever!) new stuff to it. For a while now when this happens I simply delete the movies and tv shows myself, though this really should be happening automatically. I’m going to submit a diagnostic info through maintainence on the Apple TV and then email them right now, if you’re still having this problem you might want to do the same.

I trashed the Video dir, rebooted, and everything is happy again. Thanks!

Also same by me.

Anything works fine except playing Music from “I-Tunes Match” (Cloud). I´m able to play one title, and then it jumps to the next, try to load, then next … till the last of the album. If I try to select now another titel I receive the message “ITunes cureently unavailable. Please try later”.

I´ve tried several things (reinstall with JB, Sign in and out, unplug etc.) But if i install the original firmware without atv flash I am able to play all the music. Now I have the decission hear music or jailbreak and watch movies with infuse for atv.

:frowning:

Hope to get an fix or update soon.

(Also I have bought Infuse2 Pro for Ipad, but now it can´t play iso files - Infuse for atv could do so!!! :(   )

I forget, trashing the video dir like posted above was also not succesfull.

I have the sam problem after upgrade to 5.3, no solution found :frowning:

Same problem here! No. iTunes cloud and no playing iTunes libary on the MacBook. After reboot in maintance no result but also my nas is remover and my old nas is back again including old favorites. I have mailed firecore for a hopefull solution

I can confirm this issue when attempting to playback music using iTunes match account, frustrating to say the least. Taken to airplaying from iPad to ATV2 for now. Hope for a fix soon.

I too have the same problem, although I will try the clearing out the folder as suggested in the thread and see if that works

I have same problem - my purchased itunes music is no longer availabe.  If I plug my ATV into my computer - can I resync my purchases?  Or could I lose my jailbreak?

Paddy.

[quote="crakerjj"] I've been having this problem on and off for a while but never really got around to reporting it to firecore. I found that not only could I not play stuff from iTunes, but also from Media (now infuse) and Netflix. I used Cyberduck and discovered that within the path - /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video - that it wasn't emptying, that movies and shows that I had previously watched were staying on the Apple TV and taking up space meaning I couldn't stream/cache (whatever!) new stuff to it. For a while now when this happens I simply delete the movies and tv shows myself, though this really should be happening automatically. I'm going to submit a diagnostic info through maintainence on the Apple TV and then email them right now, if you're still having this problem you might want to do the same. [/quote]

This has worked for me but i will keep an eye on it just to see how long it takes for it to happen agan (if it ever does)