recently I noticed a strange behavior when I add a new season.
Infuse pick up the wrong poster for some seasons: for example I added season 3 of Marvel’s Daredevil and Infuse had picked up a generic poster for the show instead of the season poster (which is present on TVDB page for the show).
The same happened for other shows (Killjoys season 4, Suits season 8, Supernatural season 14, Z Nation season 5, The Man in the High Castle season 3, The Walking Dead season 9).
Name of the show FOLDER–>Season 01 FOLDER–> Name of the show S01E01
I’m sorry if I repeat myself but Infuse always picked up the right poster for season, only recently had started acting so weird and not for all tv shows.
Can you try to replicate with one of the shows I mentioned and check the results?
I just checked killjoys, Z Nation, TWD, and The Man in the High Castle and all are pulling the correct season posters both in the library and in the favorite views.
Perhaps you could provide an exact example of the file names you’re having problems with in case there’s a slight variance that may be causing the issue. Try one of the TWD episodes or one of the Z Nations to make it easier. (I don’t know WHO could be a post apocalyptic zombie fan around here. )
Well, I figured it out. Sorry I didn’t get back sooner but wanted to experiment a bit.
The way to fix it is to go into settings and select “Clear All Metadata”
I was getting the same screwy season posters on TWD and Z Nation and this is the only way I got Infuse to grab the correct season posters. You may have to change the file names to the way I showed above but if you’re a gambling soul give it a shot clearing and then rebuilding the metadata first. Mine took about 3 hours to do a 10K item library.
after the “clear all metadata” process I can confirm the issues with seasons posters is gone.
As you said I’ll keep my finger crossed for future scans and, imho, to be able to clear a single series or season, should be mandatory.