issues with 4.02

I recently upgraded to 4.02 (I skipped 4.01) full install, and my ATV behaves very strangely.
first, booting time takes forever, when I’m finally in, I get a blank screen if I go to my Files folder, or XBMC.
movies have no sound.
sometime, after trying to watch a movie, hitting the menu button will get me into the blank screen again at that point there is nothing left but to reboot, ATV finally comes up with a Restart and same again…
as well, I can’t see any photos on my hard drive.
wish I didn’t upgrade… :frowning:
any solutions?

many Thanks

My neighbour bought this software, and roped me in to get it working.

Struggling to believe they are charging good money for this software, if anything does work, and not much does is it is very unstable and pretty much unuseable.

Spent hours visiting various sites and forums downloading this and that, the support is non existent apart from some helpful people offering the best advise they have.

it all seems very amaturish, expecting people to workout how to get things working on their own, and then hoping they help other people get their software up and running, the software is a total rip off, promising so much and giving so little.

It is easy to see how buggy it all is by the constant updates required

All my neighbour wants to do is drop .avi files and watch similar video files with his apple tv, and the website promises this is easy to do, but what a load bulls*it. The whole things is just a pile of hacks & crack and cobbled together information.

Hi, excuse-me but something you are wrong, the previus version of atvflash 4.0.1 whit the 3.0 or 3.0.1 in my appletv, if they had problems, but the curren version 4.0.2 everything works properly.

The XBMC, the NITOTV, and SSH whit my Cyberduck, and USB support for External HD and USB Sticks Memory, now everthing works, after installation is to install plugins, is very importand to intall plugin whit Perian for de correct playing for files AVI etc…

The main menu

nitoTv/configuration/Software install/Install Perian

Reinstalling the 4.0.2 version.

P.D. Whenever there are changes in a new versions of appletv, si good whait until upgrade version atvflsh, but moreover, it would be nice to visit the help of the web, and support.

To help troubleshoot your issue can you double-check the AppleTV and aTV Flash version your currently have installed?

The AppleTV version can be seen in Settings > General > About.

The aTV Flash version can be seen in Maintenance > About.