Issue with Transfer speeds?

Hi

Im transfering files from my mac to my apple tv via the network and im getting very slow transfer rates arond the 300kb to 600 kb/sec range and was wondering what i can do to increase the rate maybe with a ethernet connection?? any advice?

thanks in adavance

It sounds like you may be connected via SFTP instead of FTP. FTP transfers are substantially faster than SFTP.

We have a FTP guide here:
http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=FTP

no im using ftp and its still super slow i dont know why im using cyberduck and those settings in the guide andi have a netgear router

I’d personally advise establishing a dedicated N network for streaming media from throughout the house - I believe that is the easiest way for non-networking experts to eliminate other devices creating an issue (believe me, even the most innocent looking low bandwidth device can slow down the entire network - and primarily as a result of it’s low bandwidth. Expect a wireless network to slow down to the speed of the slowest device… just like USB2.0 devices which slow down if a USB 1.x device is detected. THe easiest way to create a dedicated N-network that I’ve found is to connect an Airport Express (connected via ethernet cable) to a remote computer/media hub - at least on OSX, it’s fairly easy to “bridge” this new N network to the existing wireless network for Youtube/iinternet access on the AppleTV. If you’re trying to get seamless streaming of DVD quality media wirelessly, I’d strongly recommend getting rid of the clunker PCs - even SAMBA and the presence of windows networking traffic appears to wreak havoc - if you’ve a nice, tiny mac-mini hooked up to a few TB though, this setup has worked very well for me.