is the aTV flash 4.2 not compatible with NTFS File system ?

hi

i hae Apple tv 160GB running aTV Flash  4.2

whin i connect my USB NTFS file system external hard drive and go to nitoTV-->Files-->External Media --->  and press ok  there is not any folder appear !

is the aTV flash not compatible with NTFS File system ?

how i can play files lagre than 4 GB ?

my pc running windows 7

Has the drive been setup for primary iTunes storage? If so, any non-iTunes files will need to be placed into the 'External Media' folder on the drive to be accessed in nitoTV.

this is a pretty terse comment by the moderator.

You will need to format the USB drive with apple HFS+ file system. Then attach the drive with apple tv via the external drive. Switch back to internal after though.

this will create a file structure on your drive that will allow the external usb to be seen.

I am using MACDRIVE tool to do this.

Additionally, the AppleTV will only be able to recognize drives formatted in Mac OS or FAT32 formats. If you're using a PC you can use the MacDrive program previously mentioned to format the drive in Mac OS format -or- follow the guide in the link below to format the drive in FAT32.

http://support.firecore.com/entries/259303-appletv-is-not-recognizing-my-external-drive

FAT32 will not work for large file sizes over 4GB.

use the new format called exFAT. The drive will be recognized. You can format a drive with exFAT under Windows 7.

as a weird quirk the ATV will reformat your exFAT drive as HFS+ when you attach it as EXTERNAL then switch it to INTERNAL then back to EXTERNAL.

I had a driver for my Windows 7 machine that will read HFS+ drives and write to them. (Cost $15) Just not sure of all this.

I tried exFAT and it did not work. I had to reformat and re-copy everything back onto the drive to get it to work.