Is my ATV jailbroken?

Hi all!

I should start by saying that this is the first time I have attempted to jailbreak an ATV (I’ve done it numerous times on my iPhone).

I was on the latest ATV software (4.4.2) and I downloaded the latest Seas0npass. Everything went smoothly until I tried to ssh into the ATV to install features. I have tried with Terminal and Cyberduck with with no success. I get the following message in terminal: ssh: Could not resolve hostname AppleTV.local: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

I would like to know if I can confirm that the ATV is actually jailbroken. It now says that it is running 4.3. The menu looks identical to before the process and I have read that this is the case.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Try using the ip address instead of the name with ssh?  Sounds like a possible DNS problem.

I’ve tried that and to no avail. I agree though, I think there is some network setting issue, just can’t work out what it is. I can connect to my jailbroken iPhone though.

Is your ATV connecting wired or wireless?  If wireless try wired.  What firmware does your ATV say you have installed when checking the settings?

I’ve been connecting wirelessly. How should I connect wired? With Cyberduck?

Currently it says I’m on 4.3

I’ve been connecting wirelessly. How should I connect wired? With Cyberduck?

Currently it says I’m on 4.3

Plug a network cable into the back of the ATV2.  

OK I’m plugged in. What’s next?

All is well. Turned out it wasn’t actually jailbroken.

Thanks for the help.