I started coming up with a few suggestions to the iPhone/iPad ticket details view. Let me know what you think. I noticed that lots of people were asking for information and there just isn’t room. I also made some example images (see attached). I only worked on portrait, but landscape could be done too, although a little differently.
- Here are the major changes: I added three tabs below the art to switch between Movie, File and Extras view (See screenshots for each).
a. The Movie view is what is already shown. Added Release Date.
b. File shows the details about the file, encoding, video, audio, etc.
c. Extras is the place to put trailers, and any other video (Commentary, Delete Scenes, Pixar Shorts) that accompanies the feature title. This could be assigned through xml file, but trailers should be there by default.
- I added the bottom of the ticket which was only visible when you pressed “More…”. This was always visible in landscape and makes it seem more complete.
- I took out the More button and moved the other buttons inside. The text was removed since the icons are fairly self explanatory. Also, not sure how share is used at the moment so just removed it for now.
- I made the spacing above and below the people info (Genre, Director, Cast, Writers) the same.
- The new age rating tag was a little big and now that we have Library filter for it, doesn’t need to be so prominent. Reduced the size and made background a little transparent.
- Added “HD” rating tag which could be “SD | HD | UHD”
- User ratings. I tap the stars and nothing happens. Can you not rate in the iPhone version?
- Add 3D Touch for Peek and Pop on a thumbnail to get movie details. Add app quick action to quick jump to currently watching, Library-Movies, Library-TV Shows, List of Unwatched
- Add a Library filter “by Movie Length” (sometimes you only have time for a 90 minute movie, etc).