iPad not in sync with Apple TV

I have had Infuse Pro for few months now, used only on my Apple TV 4K. Everything more or less is fine (few bugs here and there reported in the tvOS forum). I have set it up to use trakt.tv, iCloud synching, and the main language for the media is English, with English subtitles and metadata. Recently I have bought an iPad, installed Infuse Pro and after launching it is correctly synched all my libraries via iCloud (I suppose). I thought the configuration was mirrored (The iPad main language is Italian, it that matters), but today I did a little check because a TV Show is not appearing in the “Unwatched” list of my ATV 4K and I discovered the following:

• in the iPad the language for media, subtitles and metadata was set to “Auto” instead of “English”
  • I changed the language to English UK (because that’s what I use as second language on my iPad), refreshed the metadata and still all plots are in Italian
    Âş About the above, does it make any difference to use English UK instead of English US??
  • Plenty of watched TV Shows and movies show as unwatched. Actually I see now that there is no Trakt.tv login in the iPad?
  • Still the “Currently watching” list on top seems to be synched for both movies and TV Shows. Which makes little sense to me at this point.
  • The TV Show (Twin Peaks) missing in the Unwatched list in the Apple TV is also missing as unwatched in the iPad. Please note that it was there few weeks ago and I watched only the first 2 episodes (as it shows in the ATV when checking the TV Show from “All TV Shows”).

I know that local/online metadata synching will be added in 5.7.2, but not even the app settings (media, subs and metadata language) are currently fully synched? Are all of the above being added/fixed in 5.7.2 as well? I am honestly a bit afraid of watching anything on the iPad because I wouldn’t want it to mess up my watched list in the ATV, which then syncs with Trakt.tv. I spent hours updating my lists in Trakt.tv, it would be of a pain to go through all of them if something goes wrong.

Infuse will sync a number of things via iCloud, but most general settings are in fact not synced. This is somewhat intentional, as it’s quite possible you would want to have different settings on each device. On iOS, these settings are saved in your iCloud backups, so if you restore your device or get a new one they will still be there. A bit more info on what is actually synced via iCloud can be found here. https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000070773-iCloud-Trakt-Syncing

On iOS, you can log in to Trakt by tapping the Trakt logo which appears in the upper right corner of the Settings screen. (Side note, based on some of the feedback we’ve gotten, we’ll likely be moving this to somewhere more obvious soon). Once logged in, Infuse will pull down the watched history info you have in your Trakt profile, so things should start looking better after that.

With regard to the metadata, English UK should be working for metadata…though since this was recently added, there may still be a few quirks. Can you try switching to English US to see if it makes any difference for you?

1 Like

Ok, that may make sense. Although I personally wouldn’t mind an option to keep all devices consistent, synching all settings.

About the iCloud synching, I have just switched my ATV4K back to SMB3 from WebDAV. WebDAV is faster but it seems to have more latency when skipping. Now I started the app in the iPad and I see it is using only the SMB shares as well (and it is obviously rebuilding all metadata).

On iOS, you can log in to Trakt by tapping the Trakt logo which appears in the upper right corner of the Settings screen. (Side note, based on some of the feedback we’ve gotten, we’ll likely be moving this to somewhere more obvious soon).

Awww! I have seen it now! Yeah, it’s far from intuitive. It doesn’t help that you use an orange logo for the Trakt.tv button. I would suggest to at least change its color to its Trakt.tv’s Red, its official one. :slight_smile:

Once logged in, Infuse will pull down the watched history info you have in your Trakt profile, so things should start looking better after that.

With regard to the metadata, English UK should be working for metadata…though since this was recently added, there may still be a few quirks. Can you try switching to English US to see if it makes any difference for you?

I dunno. I changed it just now. When I first changes it from auto to English UK I didn’t think to check the list of language. I see indeed there is just English (without US) and I selected it now. I thought I had to add that the English US to the general settings. I know that when I first switched to English UK I had to delete all metadata to get all info in English.

Which brings a new question: I have enabled the Background Update for Infuse in the Settings, but if I switch app the metadata update pauses. I must keep the iPad alive with Infuse in the foreground to finish to update all the metadata. Is that normal or something is wrong? I’m new to iOS so I wouldn’t know.

Anyway, the Trakt.tv sync was my biggest concern. At least that is fixed, so I am all right with it, now. Thanks.