Installing ipsw-file?

I have a running jailbreaked ATV2 - which has in the last time some problem (from time to time blacksceen - no response - i have to swith off/on the power cable).

So i want to reinstall the saved ipsw-file from jailbreaking (AppleTV2,1_5.3_10B809_SP_Restore.ipsw)

How can i do that?

1. Put ATV into DFU mode
  2. Open iTunes
  3. iTunes will give screen that says need to restore
  4. Hold SHIFT (PC) COMMAND (MAC) key and click RESTORE
  5. Find the ipsw file and select it
  6. Wait for iTunes to restore.

Thanks for your reply.

How can i put the ATV into the DFU mode?

I have 2 different ATVs - so i have 2 different ipsw-files in my backup - im nearly sure but not 100% that i use the right ipsw with the problamatic ATV - are there any risk when i want to use the fall ipsw? Or does it not matter which i use?

Is it better to do a full new jailbreak or is it better to use the ipsw-file?

1. Put ATV into DFU mode
  2. Open iTunes
  3. iTunes will give screen that says need to restore
  4. Hold SHIFT (PC) COMMAND (MAC) key and click RESTORE
  5. Find the ipsw file and select it
  6. Wait for iTunes to restore.

The .ipsw file is specific to a given ATV2, and restoring the wrong one will not work. Not sure what the symptoms are if you try with the wrong one.

I would suggest that you simply use the latest version of SeasonPass to rerun the jailbreak which will regenerate the correct .ipsw file. Also, the latest version of SeasonPass no longer uses iTunes to do the restore - it is done by SeaonPass itself.

I tried it - but i ran in serious problems.

When i tried the jailbreak with seasonpass i got a error “Firmware Restore Fail”…

When i tried to recover the old ipsw-file with itunes i got the error “1604 unknown error”

As i said before i have allready jailbreaked 4 other ATVs with this PC - i also tried 3 different USB cables - and allways the same problem - i also tried one time with power cable and one time without power cable.

The only thing i can do at the moment is to recover the ATV to the normal / last veresion with i tunes - but i am not able to bring a jailbreaked ipsw on the ATV

Any hints for me?

Tried jailbreaking with another PC and surprise, surprise - it worked!

So 3 ATVs where able to jailbreak on one PC - but 1 ATV wasn´t.

Realy wierd…