Installation issues

This is the text of a message I have posted in the Apple TV forum but I’m wondering if anyone here can assist me getting my Apple TV back as now I cannot use it.
I paid $79 for the software and unlimited support.

Text:
I have just purchased the 160GB Apple TV and it showed up in iTunes and on my TV screen just fine and the Apple Remote worked fine.
Then I tried to install atvflash which has to be installed from a USB stick plugged into the Apple TV USB port. First I tried using a 16GB SanDisk Cruzer stick with no luck. Then I tried a 8GB SanDisk Cruzer stick and once again no luck. So I got a SanDisk Cruzer 2GB stick. I tried again with no luck.
The end result of all this is that now the Apple TV will not show up on my TV screen nor will it show up in iTunes. Also the Apple Remote will not work on my TV now only on my iMac.
I know people who successfully installed atvflash so I’m dumfounded.
Can the Apple TV be restored to factory settings or am I screwed? Does anyone have any suggestions?
End text

I’d appreciate any assistance you might be able to give me.

We’re sorry for the trouble. Please send an email to support here (http://www.atvflash.com/contact.php), and we can help troubleshoot this issue.