Install Not working

I’ve tried posting this in another thread, I’ve emailed…still be ignored…so here it is again, its own thread…maybe I will get an answer now.

I originally bought 3 appletvs when they first were released, with grand plans of using them…they sat untouched in a box for 3 years…I finally got around to hooking one up, tried a flash drive…no luck, switched to another…boom, atvflash installed first try…been using that one ever since…of course, i’ve ran into issues on that one too…

Today, I went to hook up my 2nd unit in my sounds room…tired of them destroying DVDs. Grabbed the same usb flash drive…ATVflash logo pops up, says starting install…then it says Install Failed use another USB drive…

Very weird this same USB drive installed perfect on the other unit, but not this one. These are literally from the SAME order…the serial numbers are only a few digits off…I guess I gotta find the 3rd unit in the garage and see if its got the same problem…

So, what is going on? What did I pay $50 for? Counting the issues I am having with the other, I am about to ask for a refund on this software and just use the AppleTV stock…I am spending more time getting stuff to work and such than it would be to just convert movies to mp4 and play em on a stock appletv…

Later EddieO

Were all the AppleTVs purchased new? Have any of the internal drives been modified or replaced?

I think my post is fairly clear…I bought 3 brand new ones from apple when they were first released…they sat unused for 3+ years…

They have not been touched, both units were taken out of the box, hooked up…software updated…first one ATVflash installed, took two different USB drives, but it went on the 2nd no problems installing…

Tried to use on 2nd appletv, same everything…get the error. Tried redoing the USB flash drive…same problem. Redid all the software updates, even restored the unit…nothing works.

The Appletv itself works fine…no issues, but I can’t install…kinda sucks.

Later EddieO

Yea, it doesn’t make a lot of sense. If you haven’t already, send an email using the link below and we can troubleshoot a bit further.
http://www.atvflash.com/contact.php

I already sent an email…got a response asking the same thing…if they were new or used and if they were stock…responded the same and have not heard back.

Later EddieO

Email sent.