Infuse5 stuck at 'checking connection' for a samba share that worked just an hour before

I wanted to start my Infuse setup over from scratch due to some issues with duplicate episodes showing up, and after clearing out all my shares, Infuse now refuses to connect to my NAS’s samba share.

Infuse discovers the samba share on its own, I select it and enter my login details and it sits at ‘Checking Connection…’ forever.

This was working with all the same settings an hour before. The only difference I can think of is that the samba share was originally setup before I started my infuse pro trial.

I have tried reinstalling infuse, clearing the iCloud saved settings, trying to connect based on local IP instead of hostname. Nothing works. I’ve also tried connecting to the NAS over FTP with the same results where it just sits on ‘Checking Connection’ forever.

Can you try updating to the new 5.3 version to see if this helps?

If you’re still having trouble, please send a report from your Apple TV (as described here https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles/215090927-Troubleshooting-and-Getting-Support) and we can assist.