Infuse with Dockerized Plex

Hello,

I am trying to connect Infuse (ATV, iOS) to Plex running in a Docker container.
The connection works fine without Docker, but not with it.

There’s an older post stating that it works with host networking but not with bridge. I’m not excited to change from bridge to host, so I’d like to get to the bottom of this, meaning what’s blocking the connection.

The situation is exactly as described in the older thread linked above, so after authenticating to Plex from Infuse app, it just cannot connect to it.

How is Infuse connecting to Plex?
What could be breaking the connection?

Plex app is working just fine, and I can reach Plex web interface on port 32400 with a browser in the same network as my Apple TV.

By chance, was the Plex server moved to Docker after it was added to Infuse?

Can you try using the ‘Connect to Plex’ option in Infuse to reauthenticate to see if this helps?

By chance, was the Plex server moved to Docker after it was added to Infuse?

No, I set up completely separate instance of Plex to Docker and removed the instance from Infuse after I uninstalled the “working” one which was running directly on top of the OS.

Can you try using the ‘Connect to Plex’ option in Infuse to reauthenticate to see if this helps?

I don’t have any Plex instances connected to Infuse. I have tried to authenticate many times but it just cannot connect to it.

I seem to have the same problem. I just moved to docker a couple of days ago and the setup was working fine for about a day. Then suddenly I wasn’t able to connect anymore yesterday so I removed the Plex server from Infuse. I’m able to add it back but it never gets any media information. I even removed the Infuse app completely and reinstalled but it didn’t help. The Plex client still works fine though.

I’m a docker noob so I was using DockStarter to create my docker container.

Can you replicate the connection issue then send in a report from Infuse (via Settings > Submit Diagnostics) and post the 5 digit code here so we can take a look?

Mine is KHR89.

1 Like

20BKT here

1 Like

I think I might know what is causing my problems. I actually have a separate network created for all the containers so the IP address of the Plex is not in the same subnet as physical devices. Infuse is probably unable to see the Plex server because of this. Plex app works but it probably does not check the IP so it’s working with old settings after I migrated to docker.

I don’t know if anything (other than removing the custom docker network) can be done to fix this though.

We’re still looking into this, and hope to have more news soon.

Stay tuned.

Any news yet?

Cheers!

Can you give today’s 6.4.9 update a try and see if there is any improvement here?

This update adds support for TLS 1.3, which can help resolve some connection issues with Jellyfin.