Infuse stuck on “Fetching Content”

I have a Plex server with a lot of content and when I add it on Infuse it seems to not be able to scan anything.

I tried removing the server and adding it again but that didn’t work. I also tried reinstalling the app but no luck. This happens on my iPhone and MacBook.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Define “a lot”.

What version number of Infuse?

How long did you let it run?

Is this a local network Plex server or remote?

If local, have you tried adding the share as something other than plex? SMB, FTP, etc.

Thanks for the response! The server has ~ 20,000 Movies, ~ 2000 4K Movies, ~ 5000 TV Shows, ~ 650 4K TV Shows, etc. There are 25 libraries. The version of Infuse I’m running is 7.3.10 (although, I have tried different versions). I let it run for 2 days before I removed the server and reinstalled Infuse again. The Plex server is a shared server (remote). This happens on all my devices (iPhone running iOS 15.5 and MacBook running macOS Monterey 12.0.1).

Thanks!

Is this on cloud storage?
Google drive or similar?

I’m not sure but it works perfectly on the Plex App/Plex Web.

Mine is stuck fetching content but it’s only on iOS and not my Mac, and my library does have things in it.

I’m also experiencing it, Less than a 1000 movies/series.

Okay, that’s “a lot”. Statement checks out. Lol.

Do you have plenty of free space on your device? Perhaps infuse is using temporary storage and somehow getting stuck? I dunno just a thought

Two nights ago my Infuse Pro 7 stopped loading my library. Just seeing spinning circle and then a splash screen saying my library is being optimized. When I enter the menu settings and check library the counters for TV EPISODES MOVIE OTHER remaining at 0, stuck on Fetching Content For Links . I have made no changes to my Windows 7 laptop, sharing is still enabled. Router and network are unchanged, and local IP addresses are static. When I go into the Shares menu, the folders (and files( are visible and deeper down, the speedtest accesses and loads any file I pick and displays my network speed for each file in real time. This is getting frustrating. The only things I can think might be wrong, I updated my Express VPN the other day, but Infuse was still working. Plus the latest update to Infuse included something about original language displays of meta data titles. I have many foreign language films in my library, mulitlple languages. I am wondering if that may have caused a hiccup? I have 5 hard drives, and about 300 folders…any suggestions will be welcome!

Are you running a VPN? Any Firewall?

I am not

Ok I think I figured it out. The metadata cache being uploaded to icloud is probably larger than the available space available in your icloud accounts

I cleared up a bunch of space on my icloud and it started finding my content again
BUT I had TURNED OF ICLOUD DATA CACHING in SETTINGS a while ago. I believe one of the latest updates reinstated it. SO FRUSTRATING.

The problem has resurfaced. Had not used Infuse for a few days. But unlike before, my icloud drive is empty. However, I am seeing a discrepancy in onboard memory usage- the app is internally showing 5.1GB of meta data storage, but in the ATV settings screen Infuse data usage is only 100-200 MB… Not sure what is going on. I am NOT using cloud storage and option is disabled in infuse settings.

Library shows 0 Movies, 0 TV shows, 0 Other, and spinning circle with " Fetching Data For Links" with nothing incrementing as it would usually. Shares/folders/content are visible and inspect-able only within the Infuse Settings screen for Shares/Editing only. All other functionality is gone. I checked SMB and it is still set to Auto as always

HELP!!! So frustrated!

That total on the ATV settings under manage storage is for the app only not the related support files like metadata

Also, currently iCloud only backs up some of the infuse settings, and only the text part of the metadata files, no artwork is stored on iCloud (yet).

How long are you waiting for the numbers to update? For me I just started a device from scratch and with it backing up from iCloud for what it could it took right at 3 hours to complete everything.

If you’re turning off iCloud use in Infuse then you may have to double that or more since Infuse would then have to recreate everything from full scanning of your files and then fetching new artwork and metadata.

You’re going to be far better off leaving iCloud sync turned “ON” in Infuse, that saves tons of time on rebuilds and restoring things.

Can you post a screen cap of your Infuse Library setting screen? (The one with the numbers and status messages on the left side)

Also, just for comparison in Infuse General settings menu my “Clear All Metadata” shows 9.0 GB but when I look at my actual iCloud storage it shows that the data on iCloud for Infuse is 920 MB.

I’m also experiencing this issue. iPhone 14 pro and Apple TV 4K. Latest version of infuse.

How big is your library and is it local or remote?

It’s a remote plex share. 10s of thousands of files. It worked about 6 months ago. I recently re subbed to pro and it won’t get past fetching now.