Infuse SMB Share Mac/IOS

Hello to everyone,

I just downloaded infuse 5 a few weeks ago and loving it since, i wanted to try syncing methods and other features just to convince myself to buy pro so for the first time i stumbled upon “Mac Sharing” system (never tried it before).

I didn’t know how to set up a sharing folder on my macbook pro so i used a guide to share my macbook pro’s contents with infuse but accidentally ended up sharing my entire HD (when i logged into Infuse i just saw my entire HD in the app)

So, my question is: Is there any possible security threat using this method? Or i’m fine with it?

I’m a little bit paranoid when in comes to share things using the internet and also a total noob at this subject.

Thank you all for your time and i hope you a wonderful day.

Welcome to the forum!

I’d say as long as you set a realistic user name and password that would be difficult to guess you should be fine. If you’re really worried you can go back and redo your shares to only the folders that contain your videos and set as read only in their sharing set up.

You didn’t say what guide you used but Firecore offers one here for setting up shares that may help fill in any missing points. Streaming From a Mac, PC, or NAS – Firecore

Thank you so much for your fast reply, yes I did exactly what you suggested, I just created a “shared only” user and put only my videos folder.
This way nothing personal is exposed am I right?

Also, thank you so much for the detailed guide, I saved it just in case.

Glad you got things the way that you feel more comfortable. There are so many different variables in network security that you do what you feel nessasary. I have the luck of being far enough away from anyone that I don’t worry too much about WiFi intrusion but I still do a pretty stout password and only add the folders needed for the home theater network.

There are many other users guides for Infuse here Infuse – Firecore so if you have a few free moments you may want to browse around a bit. They saved me a ton of problems.

Exactly, I have very secure passwords too mainly because, as I said earlier, I’m a little paranoid, but sadly everyone with a little bit of knowledge can attack a network and succeed, so I try my best to keep my things private.

Man thank you again for your help, I’ll read the guides indeed, and consider to buy infuse pro too.

I wish you a wonderful day!